Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You of course know that the slide mechanisms come in to Grand Design all ready attached to the frame. I am not surprised that GD doesn't have one in the parts supply chain yet. That Lippert doesn't is surprising to me as they have used this style system for years. I am sure GD and Dean or Jd will have you fixed up in no time.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are all Lippert.

Lippert bought the Schwintek system last year....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

droidguru
    Until it is fixed we will just have to wait and see, you are correct the ball is in Lippert's court now. Hopefully they will deliver.

Two main things that irk me about this whole thing:

1. It seems that nobody really cares, could be my dealer could be GD. I have to call around to get info, when I leave messages nobody calls back, I really shouldn't be doing the leg work here.

2. If the drive is stripped, why? No one can say for sure what caused it. So if you replace the part isn't it just going to happen again?

Oh well it certainly has been an adventure, fingers crossed I don't have to go through it again. There are certainly worse things in life.

One very interesting thing however that came up on the phone yesterday was the dealer told me not to believe anything Grand Design tells me when it comes to repairs. He said several occasions GD has sent people to them for repairs and made promises. Only to find because they are backed up over a month, the dealer service shop couldn't get them in. An awful lot of finger pointing has been going on over the past few days and honestly it scares me. The dealer said this is a relatively nee arrangement they have with GD and it has been a horrible experience. I honestly can't wait until the warranty period is up so I can start just handling things without a middleman.

This whole process has been eye opening.
    Last edited by droidguru; 10-15-2014 at 06:09 AM.

droidguru
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They are all Lippert.

Lippert bought the Schwintek system last year....
    Fan frickin tastic......

droidguru
    So I called around and finally found (http://www.venturemfgco.com/) it appears as though they have the part (that the dealer told me they needed) and the authorization has been given for overnight shipping.

Key to the sentence above is the second word "I". You can't spell customer serv"I"ce without I, no really you can't!!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job searching for the part, hope it works and you make your trip. good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by droidguru View Post
    So I called around and finally found (http://www.venturemfgco.com/) it appears as though they have the part (that the dealer told me they needed) and the authorization has been given for overnight shipping.

Key to the sentence above is the second word "I". You can't spell customer serv"I"ce without I, no really you can't!!!!
    Here are a couple of phone numbers you can call and let them know what is going on, Marc Hauser, Gm at Grand Design Office # 574-825-8000 ext.2010 or cell #951-970-4975. Micah Staley, GM for the Reflection division,#574-361-1299. Jerry McCartey is VP of service and Ryan is the mngr. of the service dept.
    I got the run around from the selling dealer as well but at the end of the day it was easy for them to do the finger pointing because they just had too much on the books to admit they (the dealer) dropped the ball.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

droidguru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehead View Post
    Here are a couple of phone numbers you can call and let them know what is going on, Marc Hauser, Gm at Grand Design Office # 574-825-8000 ext.2010 or cell #951-970-4975. Micah Staley, GM for the Reflection division,#574-361-1299. Jerry McCartey is VP of service and Ryan is the mngr. of the service dept.
    I got the run around from the selling dealer as well but at the end of the day it was easy for them to do the finger pointing because they just had too much on the books to admit they (the dealer) dropped the ball.
    Thanks again Eaglehead, I talked to Jerry (sp?) yesturday. Really nice guy although he sounds like he needs a vacation. Everything appears to be moving forward. Once the process is complete I may reach out to the higher up's to let them know what it going on. Honestly no one I talked to including Jerry said this was a strange occurrence which still has me on edge. I was expecting a "wow only one week, very very strange, never encountered that before" we will get you fixed up AND more importantly "sorry". When a customer of mine has a problem it is the very first thing I say followed by "whatever it takes we are going to make this right". Maybe everyone is just too busy.

I am assuming the real problem here is everyone makes an appointment at the end of the season to have work done. So the dealership is swamped. No excuse, but they all sound so pleasant when I talk to them on the phone (insert sarcasm) and they all keep telling me they are booked for two months (like we are doing you a huge favor here). Seriously makes me want to blow a gasket everytime I hear it. Plus it is like pulling teeth to get info out of them.

Again can't wait for this all be over. I just really really want to camp, with kids my tent days are over :-)......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did you buy your camper from?? Sounds EXACTLY like Camperland of Oklahoma where I bought mine.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

droidguru
    Eaglehead it is Beckley's camping center in MD.

The first good day...

Today I got a surprise call and the camper was fixed. The manager from the dealership called me and personally apologized for my trouble. To paraphrase he mentioned that they were in the first year of a service agreement with GD wherein anyone who has a GD can stop by without an appointment and receive a repair. They have had some problems with this agreement as some of their customers (people who buy RV's from them) are having longer wait times causing some frustration. He did say that most of the year it isn't a problem but 2 months in the spring and again in the fall they get really backed up and this was one of those times. As such they scheduled me again in Nov to walk me through and take care of any issues I may have that because of the rush they couldn't do this time.

They also put through a pre-authorization for the resulting exterior damage and we are just waiting on GD to approve it. I believe it went to Jerry.

All in all this is a complete 360, I was pleasantly surprised.... What a difference a day makes.

I asked for a detailed expkaination of exactly what was done. Once they mail it to me I will post it here so everyone had a better idea of the damage. I will also report back about my experience with the exterior damage.

My temperature has returned to normal. Ahhhhhhhh time to camp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast