User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have had some frustrating dealer issues that I have been waiting 2 months for a resolution. Nobody had been actually following through and communicating through the process until we found out someone dropped the ball and never even actually ordered the part. That said, I emailed customer service at the factory, and Micah Staley the Reflection GM explaining my issue and asking for help. In just a few days, I had communication with them and Bill Fenech even participated in the resolution of my problem and contacted me personally. I have never experienced customer service like this from a company or manufacturer before. Most of the issues I read of on the forum are dealer related, including my own. From the interactions I have had with Grand Design from Dean in customer service, all the way to Mr. Fenech, I get the impression that everyone at GD cares about their product and wants to provide good service or resolve issues for their customers. For such a young company I think this is remarkable and I applaud their efforts. So much goes into building an Rv that there can't help but be some issues with components and mechanical parts, but so far from my experience they are standing behind their product and doing their best to make it right. I hope your issues will be resolved, and mine as well. I am proud to be a Grand Design owner!
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew they would come through for you, GD is a great company to work with, too bad the other MFG. don't work this way. Enjoy your next trip !!!!!!!!
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

droidguru
    Just a quick update to this case.

The part in question "stripped actuator" was overnighted and the repair done in just enough time to get me to my end of the year camping trip. While I was not thrilled about the what and when, I am impressed by both GD and the dealer following through. It took some yelling and screaming but eventually everyone got on the same page. GD quickly made the authorization and the part was drop shipped overnight and the repair was made within an hour of receiving the part. I tested everything at our end of the season trip and it appears the slide is functioning normally.

The only con is the cut a 12x12 hole in the underbelly and taped it up, I'm not sure if this is commonplace but they did seem to use some pretty heavy duty tape to secure it and it seems solid. Does anyone know what this tape is? I really need to add it to my list in case I need to do a repair down the road. On the plus side if I ever need to access the motor I know exactly where it is.

GD also approved the exterior damage repair and parts and they dealership scheduled me to come in later next month. This is important and I'll explain why.

The damage was an in-direct result of the slide being stuck out. We damaged as a result of trying to force the slide shut. So technically under any warranty this wouldn't be covered and I admitted that to GD. They still stepped up and covered it. That for me is really a crown jewel. It has me back at even looking forward to next season.

So I wanted to thank everyone here for the shoulder on which I cried and the realization that you knew was coming (but I doubted) that Grand Design would step up and go to bat for me. In the end they did in fact come through and with the help of the service team at my dealership I have eliminated the bad taste in my mouth and I can go back to reading the "mod" section while thinking about my next project.

Happy Holidays and Best of Luck to you all. I will try and give one final update next month after the last repair has been completed.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another happy ending!!!
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy your trip and stay warm.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123