User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck tire is rated at 113T. Is this same a D rating?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We liked the 2500RL for the windows, 2 doors, and the bathroom. The size was a factor as well.

We pull with a f-150 5.0 V8 and 3.73 gears (6 speed trans) and have had zero problems. Just returned from a 4500 mile trip to Badlands and back through the UP ofMichigan.
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ford F-150 4 X 4
    5.0 L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe so. E ratings start around 120 i think?

https://www.discounttire.com/learn/l...nge-load-index
    2016 Ford F-150 4 X 4
    5.0 L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your WDH and tire rating? I like to do long distances once I get used to pulling a trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the e2 round bar.

https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2-hitch

It works well, but we are considering the Propride 3 when we go full time in 3 years.

The trailer has the China bombs WESTLAKE, which we will change this fall or spring for Goodyear Endurance. The truck has Firestone D load rating and we will change those as well because the tread has zero traction in rain / snow and they are also D load rating.
    2016 Ford F-150 4 X 4
    5.0 L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    My truck tire is rated at 113T. Is this same a D rating?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbleRouser View Post
    I believe so. E ratings start around 120 i think?

https://www.discounttire.com/learn/l...nge-load-index
    I did some online search, at ST225/75 R15 E rating is 117(2833lbs) and ST205/75 R15 D rating is 107(2149lbs)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a pre-owned 2018 2500RL and LOVE it! My wife had one request for our newer RV...rear living for the view! We have taken it out twice in the last two months to check things out. We love the windows and view! Kitchen kinda small for me, but the wife says it works fine! Love the big bathroom! Love the doors between the bedroom, bathroom, and living room! Love the seating arrangement with the theater seating and u-shaped dinette and TV! Long awning outside is fantastic! It has been everything we hoped for and more! And of course, any GD RV is so beautiful inside! Only downside I would say is check this forum for axle issues. I have read plenty that on the 2018 2500RL they put Dexter 2 3/8 inch axles on and lots of folks have encountered bent axles on the road! I am being pro-active and just going to upgrade to 3 inch axles. I will confess I have not looked at the other floor plan as we were always on the lookout for a rear-living! Good hunting!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraze View Post
    We purchased a pre-owned 2018 2500RL and LOVE it! My wife had one request for our newer RV...rear living for the view! We have taken it out twice in the last two months to check things out. We love the windows and view! Kitchen kinda small for me, but the wife says it works fine! Love the big bathroom! Love the doors between the bedroom, bathroom, and living room! Love the seating arrangement with the theater seating and u-shaped dinette and TV! Long awning outside is fantastic! It has been everything we hoped for and more! And of course, any GD RV is so beautiful inside! Only downside I would say is check this forum for axle issues. I have read plenty that on the 2018 2500RL they put Dexter 2 3/8 inch axles on and lots of folks have encountered bent axles on the road! I am being pro-active and just going to upgrade to 3 inch axles. I will confess I have not looked at the other floor plan as we were always on the lookout for a rear-living! Good hunting!
    Thank you so much for the information. Rear living is something thats really important to us too. The only reason why we are considering the other one is for the bigger bathroom and higher rated axle. Are you planning to change the axle yourself? I am assuming you are moving up to the axle thats already on 2600RB?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a class IV hitch. So the max tongue weight is 1045lbs but when we use a weight distribution hitch, don't we distribute the weight to vehicle and the trailer a bit? I am assuming 30%? My plan was to stay under 1045lbs tongue weight and the WDH to handle the safe margin. But again I also wanted to stay under 30ft
    Matdetroit,

It sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on understanding your truck's ratings/capacities, so congratulations on behind ahead of the curve. Many hitch receivers have two ratings; one rating for weight carrying configuration, and one for weight distributing configuration. The sticker on your hitch receiver might list something like 500-lbs. max. tongue weight for weight carrying configuration, and 1,045-lbs. max tongue weight for weight distributing configuration. Using a weight distributing hitch doesn't change the tongue weight of your trailer; it just shifts how weight is distributed between the truck's and trailer's axles.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the information. Rear living is something thats really important to us too. The only reason why we are considering the other one is for the bigger bathroom and higher rated axle. Are you planning to change the axle yourself? I am assuming you are moving up to the axle thats already on 2600RB?
    I'm wanting to move up to the Dexter 3" tube axles and basically replace the whole suspension. Working with Dexter now to get a quote on all the parts necessary. If the quote is good, I'll purchase the parts and have them shipped to my dealer here, and have them do the work. There is also a local RV repair shop here that has been highly recommended by friends, but for them to get me a quote, I have to take the rig over to them. Either way, I really want to get it done for peace of mind!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast