User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdetroit View Post
    I did find another difference but not sure how important it is. The slide system is rack and pinion style in 2600RB but its the other one in 2500RL. Not sure which one is better.
    Nothing really wrong with Schwintech that is in the 2500RL. Many folks either are unaware or just forget that those need to run completely in or out to maintain alignment. There are 4 individual electric motors in there and they do a little adjustment routine at the end of slide going in or out. Kind of a little high pitch routine for a second at the end of the slide stroke. One just needs to hold the switch long enough for that to occur. They had some problem with longer and heavier slides like the super slide setups, but once that was figured out, OEM's started using them in the appropriate slide situations and reliably went up considerably.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the 2500RL slide mechanism(schwintech) looked newer technology than 2600RB. And I think it uses less space too. Now that I look at it, 2600RB has a larger slide than 2500RL. That is probably why they went with rack and pinion on 2600RB

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    Nothing really wrong with Schwintech that is in the 2500RL. Many folks either are unaware or just forget that those need to run completely in or out to maintain alignment. There are 4 individual electric motors in there and they do a little adjustment routine at the end of slide going in or out. Kind of a little high pitch routine for a second at the end of the slide stroke. One just needs to hold the switch long enough for that to occur. They had some problem with longer and heavier slides like the super slide setups, but once that was figured out, OEM's started using them in the appropriate slide situations and reliably went up considerably.
    There are only 2 motors used in a Schwintek slide mechanism. They are located at the top of each slide column and are attached to a shaft to drive the lower gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    There are only 2 motors used in a Schwintek slide mechanism. They are located at the top of each slide column and are attached to a shaft to drive the lower gear.
    I stand corrected on the number of motors.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally took the plunge and locked in a 2020 Imagine 2600RB with the new interiors. PDI is this Friday. Any tips anyone?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! As for tips, I'm too new at RVing to offer any meaningful advice other than look it over real good, pay attention during the walk thru demo and ask lots of questions. Happy times are ahead of you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally took the plunge and locked in a 2020 Imagine 2600RB with the new interiors. PDI is this Friday. Any tips anyone?
    You can get a variety of PDI guides online. The main thing is, do not consider the PDI done until every system has been tested and shown working, every outlet (both USB and AC) is shown to be functional, every question you have has been answered to your satisfaction, etc. Until the trailer crosses the curb in front of the dealer, you can reject it and the deal at any time. Even if you have signed all the papers and finance stuff, you can reject the deal and not be liable for anything. Once you cross the curb with the trailer, the trailer and any problems are yours and you have to get in line to get anything fixed.

Even having the dealer get the refrigerator fully operational and cooled down to proper temps before you take possession of the trailer. That will require them to get it running many hours before you even show up. Everything must work on AC / DC / and LP (those that use LP). Take a cup of water and heat it up in the microwave. Water must flow from every faucet, even hot water... even the outside shower and sprayer port. Bring a charger to test AC outlets and USB cord and plug your cell phone into every USB port. Operate the slide(s) in and out fully several times, checking seals each time both ways. Do everything you can to test every system. If you don't want to get your street clothes dirty, then bring some coveralls and get your butt under the unit and inspect every inch of the underside. It will only be fresh water in the system, so after you have tested every bit of plumbing, open the drain valves for both grey and black tanks and drain them to show the valves are functional. If possible, bring a thermometer of some sort and run the AC unit and test for how cool the air is coming out. Make sure you have uniform air flow from every AC port. Same for the furnace when you test it.

The old saying applies..... trust but verify. Again, once you cross the curb at the dealer, you have full possession of trailer and any potential problems. The RV industry is highly unregulated, unlike the general consumer market and automobiles.
    Last edited by Copperhead; 08-31-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same truck - We opted for the 2670 MK

Complete newbie here. Never ever camped before. I have a Ram 1500 with hemi 5.7L with eTrq, class IV hitch, air ride, 3.92 rear axle, towing capacity 11,250lbs, GCVW 17,000lbs, payload 1780lbs, rear axle 4100lbs, I did a lot of reading on this forum and watched a lot of youtube videos. Thats all the info I have. If you have either 2500 or 2600, please tell me why you like one over the other. Thanks in advance.
    Here are the major differences I have figured out so far
    2600RB has a higher axle rating.
    2500RL is travel friendly, dual doors
    2600RB has a beautiful bathroom.
    This is our first truck and rv as well and we have two mid size to large dogs so the extra slide gives more room for them and storage but 1000# of mass and 2' longer. The RAM has done great going up into western carolina and up i77 from nc to va thru fancy gap. You are not near having towing issues with what you are looking at. Gas mileage may not be what you hoped but you can get there and accelerate as needed. We prefered the non pass thru bath room and more floor space than the 2600RB.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodenc View Post
    This is our first truck and rv as well and we have two mid size to large dogs so the extra slide gives more room for them and storage but 1000# of mass and 2' longer. The RAM has done great going up into western carolina and up i77 from nc to va thru fancy gap. You are not near having towing issues with what you are looking at. Gas mileage may not be what you hoped but you can get there and accelerate as needed. We prefered the non pass thru bath room and more floor space than the 2600RB.
    2670MK is still one of my favorite. It had everything from 2450RL to 2500RL and 2600RB combined. But we leave the TT at storage and we wanted some access to load up the fridge and kitchen before we leave and that was one of the major reason we didnt go for it. Also the weight but its good to know that the truck is capable. I didnt know what to expect but after the purchase, I realized that the truck has enough power to pull way more than 2600RB. but I think I am a bit limited at the tongue weight limit. I do have 3.92 rear axle and the extra power from the etrq but it actually reduced my payload.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Familarize yourself with the valves under the kitchen sink and in the bathroom, also be sure you know how to remove the drawers. Winterizing the 2600RB is a breeze, if you understand the valve positions. Our 2017 has the winterization instructions glued to the Kitchen sink door and in the manual. No need to pay the dealer for 10 minutes of work if you are using RV antifreeze. Compressed air method is quick and easy too.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast