User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Campground/RV park around Springfield MA

I'm looking for a campground or RV park somewhere in the Springfield MA area (Worcester MA to Albany NY area).

It needs to be fairly close/accessible to highway 90 as we only need it for a one night stop. Would like something that's not terribly run down, and with hookups.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I'm looking for a campground or RV park somewhere in the Springfield MA area (Worcester MA to Albany NY area).

It needs to be fairly close/accessible to highway 90 as we only need it for a one night stop. Would like something that's not terribly run down, and with hookups.
    Last year, in anticipation of traveling to NH coast, I researched an approximate halfway stop (from Exit 33 I-90, Vernon, NY to Hampton, NH). Many along I-90 (Mass Pike), but every one seemed to have a down side (access tricky, near a national attraction, had recent flood damage and are recovering, etc.). I still have the list, and I can dig it up if you want, but we settled on a site up 91 (Greenfield, N, off I-90), in Bernardston, MA. Travelers Woods is a small, quiet, CG. The people who run it, Bev and Leon, are as sweet and helpful as can be. It really is small, one circle of sites, half back up to a creek. In the middle of the circle is a “rally area” and pavilion, where groups can congregate (no one there, middle of July). Water and electric-$27. We continued on, along Rt 2 from there to 495N, turning into 95N (if you are coming back, going west, best to return to I-90, as Rt 2 going E, from Albany, isn’t any good til you get to 91).

I was so pleasantly surprised to find this quiet little gem. It’s neat, clean, tidy and quiet. We stayed one night on the trip back as well, and were greeted as old friends. Really, we’re considering going back for a week as it’s so close to the VT and NH borders, we could take day trips to mountain sites without hauling the trailer into them.

Let me know if you want the nearer to I-90 list, there’s about 5-7 of them, on a legal pad somewhere here. Avoided Sturbridge because it was “high season”.
    N
    PS Forgot to mention that part of the attraction for this stopover for us was being able to continue along Rt. 2, to parts north without getting involved with the Boston traffic!
    Last edited by Houndbb; 08-02-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Last year, in anticipation of traveling to NH coast, I researched an approximate halfway stop (from Exit 33 I-90, Vernon, NY to Hampton, NH). Many along I-90 (Mass Pike), but every one seemed to have a down side (access tricky, near a national attraction, had recent flood damage and are recovering, etc.). I still have the list, and I can dig it up if you want, but we settled on a site up 91 (Greenfield, N, off I-90), in Bernardston, MA. Travelers Woods is a small, quiet, CG. The people who run it, Bev and Leon, are as sweet and helpful as can be. It really is small, one circle of sites, half back up to a creek. In the middle of the circle is a “rally area” and pavilion, where groups can congregate (no one there, middle of July). Water and electric-$27. We continued on, along Rt 2 from there to 495N, turning into 95N (if you are coming back, going west, best to return to I-90, as Rt 2 going E, from Albany, isn’t any good til you get to 91).

I was so pleasantly surprised to find this quiet little gem. It’s neat, clean, tidy and quiet. We stayed one night on the trip back as well, and were greeted as old friends. Really, we’re considering going back for a week as it’s so close to the VT and NH borders, we could take day trips to mountain sites without hauling the trailer into them.

Let me know if you want the nearer to I-90 list, there’s about 5-7 of them, on a legal pad somewhere here. Avoided Sturbridge because it was “high season”.
    N
    Thank you, that's quite helpful.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)