Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glass front on Furrion Fireplace shattered

Turned on fireplace this morning to take chill off (55 degrees), which we do frequently. Fireplace had been on for about 15 minutes and the glass just shattered. I immediately turned off the unit. Has anyone experienced this? We have a 2018 GD Reflection 320 MKS. Thanks. Luckily we have an extended warranty but now concerned this is a safety issue.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - extended warranty will not cover "broken glass" Contacted Furrion and the fireplace warranty expired 6 mos ago (of course) but they are willing to offer 20% off on a new fireplace. I have asked for replacement tempered glass panel, but dealer does.not think they sell parts only the whole unit. Still concerned about safety. Any input from other GD owners? What are other options?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle27ak View Post
    Update - extended warranty will not cover "broken glass" Contacted Furrion and the fireplace warranty expired 6 mos ago (of course) but they are willing to offer 20% off on a new fireplace. I have asked for replacement tempered glass panel, but dealer does.not think they sell parts only the whole unit. Still concerned about safety. Any input from other GD owners? What are other options?
    I would say the only options are 1) replace unit (using 20% off offer) 2) don't replace unit and don't have fireplace. Unless you can find another one someplace else that will work.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)