Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the info!!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had issues with our fridge, on occasion, ever since we bought our trailer in 2014/15. If you do a search on this site you should find a number of suggestions on how to deal with a variety of problems and solutions. Many of the solutions relate to the door flap sealing properly and how to shim the flap.
    One of the best things I did was to install a remote wireless thermometer so the temps could be determined without opening the doors. I also discourage people, as much as I can, from opening the fridge.

At one point, I had a technician advise that as a last resort, the fridge could be taken out and turned upside down, to allow crystals to move, which might allow the liquid inside to circulate the way it was supposed to. That seemed far fetched, but it worked !!!!

In conclusion, if you do a search on this site, you will find many good ideas on how to fix the problem yourself.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    We have had issues with our fridge, on occasion, ever since we bought our trailer in 2014/15. If you do a search on this site you should find a number of suggestions on how to deal with a variety of problems and solutions. Many of the solutions relate to the door flap sealing properly and how to shim the flap.
    One of the best things I did was to install a remote wireless thermometer so the temps could be determined without opening the doors. I also discourage people, as much as I can, from opening the fridge.

At one point, I had a technician advise that as a last resort, the fridge could be taken out and turned upside down, to allow crystals to move, which might allow the liquid inside to circulate the way it was supposed to. That seemed far fetched, but it worked !!!!

In conclusion, if you do a search on this site, you will find many good ideas on how to fix the problem yourself.
    Thanks so much for these tips!!
    Dale & Sherri Anderson
    2020 Solitude 390RK (3rd RK owned and wouldn’t change a thing!)
    2016 Ford F-350 6.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had the Norcold in our Solitude replaced under warranty for the flapper not closing and the doors not locking shut. Apparently it is a know defect that has been fixed in new units.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mntbikejack View Post
    We just had the Norcold in our Solitude replaced under warranty for the flapper not closing and the doors not locking shut. Apparently it is a know defect that has been fixed in new units.
    We will definitely pay close attention. Thank you for the info!
    Dale & Sherri Anderson
    2020 Solitude 390RK (3rd RK owned and wouldn’t change a thing!)
    2016 Ford F-350 6.7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use paraffin wax (like Gulf Wax brand) to lubricate the sticky door handles. Even if you have an old birthday candle, that should work too. A lot of time the sticking release handle stays stuck in the open position like when you squeeze it to open the door. This does not allowing the plunger to engage into the hole; therefore, not locking the door closed because the catch is retracted. If you take apart the handle, one screw, and rub the wax onto the plastic surfaces the handle part moves against if provides enough lubrication to prevent sticking. It does not take much wax at all, then reassemble. The release handle should work as smooth as butter. With the wax you don't have to worry about oily surfaces from dino lubricates and the chemicals degrading the plastic.

This paraffin wax method also works great on your MORryde steps legs. If the adjustable step legs are difficult to move in and out to position - pull out the legs and rub the wax onto the four side of the rube part that goes into the main step tube.

As for the door flap, look at either the bottom of the refrigerator or top and if you see a quarter circle rub mark the flap need to move either up or down from its current position on the left door. Meaning if the rubbing is occurring at the bottom of the refrigerator the flap needs to move up, and vice versa because the seal to too close. Mine happened to be rubbing at the bottom, so, I took off the flap by removing the two screws. Find a drill bit the same diameter size as the hole. Using a drill and the correct drill bit use the drill to elongate the hole making it a slot. In my case I wanted the center flap to move up, so, I elongated the holes downward from the factory holes. You do not have to elongate them too much, only about 1/8" to 3/16" in the direction needed. By doing this, this allows you to adjust the center flap so that it closes without rubbing. Reinstall you center flag, just snuggle the screws and test for your correct position first before really tightening the screws down. Once you have the right position and test the doors several time, then tighten the screws. I added a thin star washer to screw to give it some bite.
    TIP: the center flap slides upwards to detach after the screws are removed.

I have some video on these process and will post to YouTube after I do some video editing - I'll post a link here later. But please remember, you are the master of your journey and choices here and if you are not comfortable making modifications - don't.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191121_144237.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	26020
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12