User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleazenby View Post
    Small world, Bobby & Marsha had purchased their Mo from me a few years ago. Great folks.
    They are back there in Ind. now. Heading to So Cal and Ariz. again this winter.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, I would advise you that if you are to get a GD RV -- do your due diligence with pre delivery inspection - make sure your dealer has done a FULL PDI == we have had several major factory issues with our 2019 21 G Momentum .... Grand design structure is a solid build for sure, and GD is good at addressing issues, but the we have had issues from the small, esthetic ones, leaks, unfinished installation of components to major electrical issues. I still like the design and the function of the unit, but have serious concerns about the behind the wall/floor things.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to research the extended warranty. We purchased a 2014 Solitude. We were talked into buying the extended warranty from MaxxGard. I’ve had a couple of issues with our Rv and both times I was denied. First our gel coat on the front end cap peeled and it cost me $3700 to have it repainted. Secondly the finish on the two recliners was peeling off. When I turned in a claim, I was told that peeling was not covered ripping was. That’s the last time I buy an extended warranty. I was also told that I the special coating that they put on would protect the gel coat. I contacted Grand Design and was told that they didn’t know anything about an additional coating. Other then that, we love our rig. Just do your research

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read everyone’s post and find them well written. I on the other hand have to strongly disagree with the positive posts as our GD has been nothing but a nightmare. I had done my research on GD before ordering ours in 2017 knowing that we would be full timers. Our GD must have been built on a Monday or Friday making it more of a lemon. Our particular floor plan was the first year for it. I didn’t want a true toyhauler as they take up too much living space. We have a perfect size garage under our bed, which will rise with a switch when more headroom is needed in the garage. We can fit in two Harley Davidson motorcycles in the garage. I find the floor plan awesome for people with dogs. Other than the awesome floor plan, the quality is complete junk. I have such a huge list of problems with ours that neither the dealership or GD headquarters will deal with. I contacted GD within the first month of owning our RV but have only gotten the run around and broken promises. We bought the extended warranty plus every feature available on our particular model. Don’t think the artic package will help you in cold months as pipes will freeze.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Hard to tell lifespan at this time, as the company only started production in 2012. As far as I can tell the first models were introduced in 2014. Not sure how many of those rigs are still around.
    We're in a 2014 Reflection. (I believe 2013 was the first model year) While it hasn't been totally trouble free, most things (and there were not many) that went wrong were very minor and the big things were with a couple components GD did not make. One Lippert addressed without a fight.

You do have to be diligent with maintaing and regular checks of critical areas such as suspension, roof etc.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Hard to tell lifespan at this time, as the company only started production in 2012. As far as I can tell the first models were introduced in 2014. Not sure how many of those rigs are still around.
    Ours is 2013, titled as a 2014, Solitude 369RL. Number 302 off the assembly line ever built, back when this is the only model they offered. We drank the coolaid and have not been disappointed. Sure there's been some problems, some self-inflicted, but our dealer, Grand Design and LCI have all contributed to the repairs at almost no cost to us. We travel quite a bit, we're on our 3rd set of tires, and live in it in FL every winter.
    If we ever decide on a different model it'll certainly be GD product.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have full timed in our 2016 397TH for three years and are very pleased with the layout. Think of a TH as a three room apartment where what is a garage on the road is anything you want it to be when parked. Garages are also fully closed off from the rest of the RV so one person can stay up late while the other goes to bed early. Bunkhouse layouts do not give the equivalent isolation.
    A very similar floor plan but with 14 foot garage is the 381M. If you have toys to haul check the measurements carefully. Many units claim 12 foot garage but chop off 2 or 3 feet on one side for bathroom or for washer/dryer. In the 397TH and 381M, you get the full size of the garage.
    All the comments on scheduled maintenance are true for all brands plus always check plumbing (even PEX) for leaks after travel.
    We have been fixed location for the three years but in the RV park, we see RVs that are still in good road condition after 15 to 20 years when well maintained. We also see 10 year old units that leak and are in poor condition. Just like a house, maintenance is everything.
    We have found that it is cheaper to heat with fanless quartz tube radiant heaters with external thermostats than propane. Then just use the propane as supplement when the temperatures get into the low teens.

Will & Debbie
    Spartanburg, SC
    2016 397TH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12