User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No power on slides and jacks

Hi, I have a 2950 imagine. This morning everything was working and when I went to load everything up, the slide outs and Jack's didn't work. My slides eventually were pushed in and the jacks were by hand. The main tow jack wouldn't take charge and I had to use a pump jack to hook up. The fridge doesn't have power either. Does this sound like the converter not working? I am replacing the two motors on the slide with the fridge,stove and fireplace. Can you increase the size on the motors to more power? I dont know why I have no power. Just makes it frustrating when this happens at a family reunion.. please please help

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the 12 volt battery is dead. Check the battery shut off switch. If it was bumped off then the battery will not charge.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that too so I checked that right away and it was on.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd try the following.
    Check the Disconnect switch ON.
    Check for loose or corroded wires down on the frame, especially wire to the frame
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post162272
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post218190
    Check if can get any battery indication lights on the convenience center when push the Battery button
    Check if connecting tow vehicle to trailer makes any difference in 12V, not sure if that's what you meant by "main tow jack".
    If the TT battery is discharged way down, tow vehicle 12V charge wire thru the 7pin connector might have some difficulty bringing the voltage up.
    If the converter hasn't been charging the battery(s), then yes the battery could run down to point of nothing working.
    Get a multimeter to help check for 12V.
    Schwintek slide out motors: there are what I think most GDs have 300:1 ratio motor. And there have 500:1 ratio motors. https://www.etrailer.com/question-236549.html
    Don't know if these are just a swap out with the existing controller or not.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I connected the camper to the pickup via trailer plug I get a screen on my vehicle that says "not charging trailer". So what would be blocking or stopping the battery from charging?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroh18 View Post
    When I connected the camper to the pickup via trailer plug I get a screen on my vehicle that says "not charging trailer". So what would be blocking or stopping the battery from charging?
    Hello,
    You don't say what truck/year you have but some years on the Ford models a fuse was left out of the charge circuit from the truck to the trailer plug. It was separate in the glove box.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I've read some Ford's need several things to occur:
    Engine running.
    Vehicle has recognized a "Trailer Connected" on the cluster info screen.
    Brake pedal has been pressed.
    Driver door closed.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post224210
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...g-RV-Batteries
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE*** when i got home the battery was dead dead. I plugged my camper in and nothing happened there either. I placed a battery charger on the battery and most of everything works. The refrigerator still doesn't work. I checked the fuses and the fuse on the converter and everything was fine..i am stumped. My pickup is a 2015 f150. I checked the fuses as well and those were fine on the pickup.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you replacing the Schwintek slide motors on your street slide? Do you know they are bad? Did you check your Schwintek controller for any flashing lights that might indicate something is wrong?

What year is your 2950 and the battery?
    Is your battery electrolyte up to proper level? If you are seeing the tops of the lead plates that's bad.
    Do you have any corrosion on your battery posts? Battery posts and connectors need to be shiny.
    Is your battery good? Meaning, after charging is the battery at 13 + volts? 11.5 volts is dead. Your Schwintek slide(s) need full battery voltage in order to function properly. Have your battery load tested to see if battery is any good.
    Get a volt meter or test light and test your 7 pin plug on your truck. Pin #1 is ground and pin #4 is 12 volt power. As stated earlier you might have to have the truck running or something to get power to pin #4 .

Even if your battery is in poor shape the converter should have enough juice to power the fridge. Heck, we used our last camper on our land up north more than anything. Rarely did I ever have a battery connected or even on the trailer and I could run everything. BTW, no slides on that rig.

Make sure your battery is in tip top shape first, then if things still don't work I'd be looking at the converter.

Just a Guess here, but I would think that if you wanted to increase the size of your Schwintek slide motors you would need a different control board. Again, just a guess.

Just as an aside, I have seen it where a fuse looks good but in actuality is blown. Best to check all fuses with a meter if you can.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks i checked that and found the relay on the tongue jack was bad. Fixed that and boom. I am still replacing the mirrors for the reason the slide gets caught like the isn't enough power. I checked the codes and that's what lead me to that! Thanks tho for all your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast