Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Time to Upgrade

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to Upgrade

We put down a deposit on a 2020 3740BH on a Friday. Moving up from a 2017 Reflection TT 308BHTS that we had purchased new in 2016. That camper has treated us well with almost 40,000 miles towing on it during the past three years of ownership. Since we have three kids (6, 5, and 2) the bunkhouse has served us well although it’s somewhat hard to find a decent quality camper with a bunkhouse. Glad the solitude line offers a couple of options. We considered moving to a Reflection fifth wheel but didn’t seem like a big enough move up from the Reflection TT, and also looked at the Montana line but the build quality didn’t seem to be there so chose to go with the Solitude. We were pleasantly surprised at the trade value we were offered on our current camper but part of that is probably indoor storage other than when out camping and with a dehumidifier to keep out any moisture or dampness. Looks like the loaded pin weight along with us in the truck and the hitch will put us within about 200 pounds of max cargo carrying weight but still under on GCVWR and axle weight we have a 1 ton SRW with the long bed. The wife knows I’ve got a DRW upgrade on my mind now lol.

What sold us on sticking with GD was customer service on the few warranty issues we had with our current trailer and also the perceived build quality. Looking forward to the upgrade.

David

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the swap. Excellent choice. We wish the 3740 was available when we bought our Momentum, there is a good chance we would have got that instead. I wasn't thrilled with all the bunkhouse options at the time either and went with using the garage as the kids' room and built bunk beds in there. Post some pictures when you get it...and the new truck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the trade!

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are ordering our 3740bh R in early Oct for FT Living starting in the spring. We have 2 little ones (under 3), so the bunkhouse was a must. We are opting for the generator and solar package (new for Solitude this year). We opted for a 3500HD Dually to tow it and will have Airlift 7500xl bags and an Andersen Hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the 21k Demco Recon hitch and the Airlift 5000 bags. Tried it with 30psi from the dealer to the campsite about 20 min away and it did ok 30 psi was enough to level the truck. On the 6 hour drive home a couple days later I tried it with 40 psi and that was certainly better. Levels it out and keeps it off the overload springs but I think I will give 50 psi a try when we head out next week and see how that affects the ride. I posted in another thread but overall the only issues we found on delivery were a ripped slide seal on the bunkhouse slide, loose screen door latch, rear door was rubbing on trim and the roof ladder was loose. All were fixed on the spot except the seal which they didn’t have in stock.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new rig and on staying with GD!
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”