User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cover bottom of Screen door

We get our 2450RL next week and we are camping the following week for 3 days. I'm worried that the cat will put his claws through the screen door as he has at home on our patio screen going after bugs on the screen. I would like to cover the bottom screen with a lexan or plexiglass but the price of that stuff is ridiculous. It would be over 100.00 for a piece to fit it. Anyone found a way to protect it but still have a clear view though the bottom half.

Thanks Ken

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides Lexan 28x30 that has been used: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Mod-on-303RLS
    There's couple more ideas in: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...r-mod-for-Dogs
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we had a house we had a similar issue on our screened porch door with our dog. He scratched at it enough to tear it up. I replaced it with pet grade screen and it is noticeably heavier duty and never got torn up by the dog. It's available at Lowes in the same section as all the other screen material and installs the same way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a sheet of stamped aluminum from Home Depot. It has a design stamped in to it that the dog and cats can see through and allows air to flow through. It was probably 48'' x 48'' and I only need the width and height of the bottom section of the door. I wanted to make it look nice and didn't have access to a metal shear and a break so I called a metal fab shop near the RV park and he said bring it over. I showed him what I wanted and he let me use his equipment. I folded each edge back with the break so there are no sharp edges and screwed it to the door. It has held up fantastic. The guy offered me a job, I think that was my test. I do not know how to post pictures but if I learn how to I'll put one up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use plexiglass and Velcro over mine. Had it cut at the hardware store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used the plastic from an old poster frame and secured it with Velcro dots. So far so good!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis1060 View Post
    Used the plastic from an old poster frame and secured it with Velcro dots. So far so good!
    What a great idea, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars