Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I wanna play with you guys!
    The more the merrier!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have decided to take our bread machine along this winter. Maybe I can make a great loaf of bread at sea-level, I sure can't seem to at 7,200 ft. The aroma should be grand!
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm liking this bread making idea too. A buddy of mine always made frozen bread in the DO at elk camp every year. He cut in thirds, braided it and slathered it in butter before he put it in the fire. Amazing every time.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second the bread machine. Have an old Hitachi that I make oatmeal almond bread in every week. It’s delicious and healthy!
    Also great for pizza dough and other breads such as cinnamon raisin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tradition to be added.
    Dancing. Sounds strange, but my wife does not dance in public, but I have her convinced to make it a camping tradition.
    Yep, getting older, not so adventurous, but thought this maybe a tradition you all may explore!
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tradition that has recently developed... marshmallow bars...have to have at least one as we travel to the new location...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another fan of made from scratch bread here. I have a bread machine, but I find I like the way it bakes in the oven better. I use the DOUGH setting on the bread machine and just let it take care of the mixing, letting it rise and then kneading it again. On my machine, that is a 90 minute cycle. Super simple to make the dough and clean the machine. As others have said, smells amazing and fresh baked bread goes so well with most meals.

As mentioned earlier, put a pizza stone in the oven, that makes a big difference.

One of the traditions we have started is mountain pie competitions. We regularly camp with two other couples and each couple is tasked with creating one savory and one sweet (enough that all 6 of us can try some of each) recipe. So for example, I might do a pastrami on rye with swiss cheese and whole grain mustard for my savory, with blue berry pie filling mixed with Brie cheese on Hawaiian sweet bread for my sweet. Only prize is a full belly, but it is always fun to be surprised with what others have made.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12