User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making new traditions, camping empty nesters....

I bet a few of you of you have been in our season of life. What new traditions have you started as a reappointed couple?
    I plan to start with learning to cook bread in the camper. As a kid my dad would buy three frozen loafs and cook on Saturday mornings. This made the house smell so good and we knew it was a weekend. I think the smell would be crazy good in the camper and great bread to boot. I’m going to do some test runs to learn the camper ovens secrets! Do any of you have any traditions you share as a couple? Thanks Tomm
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    I bet a few of you of you have been in our season of life. What new traditions have you started as a reappointed couple?
    I plan to start with learning to cook bread in the camper. As a kid my dad would buy three frozen loafs and cook on Saturday mornings. This made the house smell so good and we knew it was a weekend. I think the smell would be crazy good in the camper and great bread to boot. I’m going to do some test runs to learn the camper ovens secrets! Do any of you have any traditions you share as a couple? Thanks Tomm
    I will be happy to sample that bread for you.
    2017 Momentum 350
    2008 Ford F450

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I get older the camping traditions (that include food) seem to get less and less. I Don't take the DOs as often, gave the hobo pie cookers to the young family next door to enjoy.
    One sure clue a campout was coming in our house was Oreos. Never kept oreos in the house as a norm but they were a camping staple.
    My new tradition is to make camping easier and less work. The cornbread now goes in the oven.

Put a pizza stone in the bottom of the oven , it helps distribute the heat better . (sometimes they crack) We (I) have burned many less bottom of the pans then before the stone.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    As I get older the camping traditions (that include food) seem to get less and less. I Don't take the DOs as often, gave the hobo pie cookers to the young family next door to enjoy.
    One sure clue a campout was coming in our house was Oreos. Never kept oreos in the house as a norm but they were a camping staple.
    My new tradition is to make camping easier and less work. The cornbread now goes in the oven.

Put a pizza stone in the bottom of the oven , it helps distribute the heat better . (sometimes they crack) We (I) have burned many less bottom of the pans then before the stone.
    We are pretty much the same. We have tried to simplify our camping focusing on easier meals and lots of relaxation.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We camp with our besties Mikey and Tracey most of the time. Tracey is a barista and brings her espresso machine. Our tradition is to share hugs and delicious coffee drinks with our pals every camping morning.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new tradition will be to slow down, enjoy every minute. In RVing, keeping it simple living. We have plans to explore every nook and cranny of the country we can while keeping a great sense of humor. Every day will be a new adventure.
    I am fully retired, the wife has to work a little longer but we have already started to slow way down. Every minute we can get away from the hustle and hassle, is calming and relaxing.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really liking the not much out, easy to pick up and go when it's time has a lot of appeal.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too have found the KISS (keep it simple stupid) to be the best! Nice walks, good books by the fire and such. We used to have a hi-bred and I loved opening up the bunk, but that created extra work in setting up. It's now all about the journey. What we see while we are there and such. Foil dinners have become the meal of choice as it gives me something to do while watching the fire with a nice glass of wine.

Cheers
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, first outing. First new Tradition. Cooking fresh bread. Or Frozen fresh, but delicious either way. That’s the tradition to sink your teeth into. Oh, add Philly steak n cheese! Your welcome
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    We camp with our besties Mikey and Tracey most of the time. Tracey is a barista and brings her espresso machine. Our tradition is to share hugs and delicious coffee drinks with our pals every camping morning.
    I wanna play with you guys!
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast