User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent suggestion! Makes things easier for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent suggestion by whomever ! As I do a fair amount of searching for things to help folks out, the threads with more detailed information make it much easier and quicker to locate and share information with those looking for answers or help. Consider those situations where someone is in a more critical situation, being able to more quickly locate and share relevant information is important. A search on one or multiple words helps to narrow search results, but more accurate titles would go a good step further to better match the question(s)/need at hand.

Yes, it is easier for short generic titles and at times can be a cute or fun attention grabbing title, but it does impede searching the locating of information. Also, as the forum has grown considerably and exponentially in nearly four years, there is ALOT of information here now. It was pretty easy to search and find things two years ago......now, not so much.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I received an interesting message today from one of our fellow members regarding vague titles on forum threads. When a person is looking at dozens of posts a day or has slow internet, it's helpful if the Title is informative about the topic at hand. For example, if the Title says "Water panel problem on an Imagine 2500", it is much more informative than "Water problem". And titles like "This just in", "This is interesting", etc. can be related to anything.

Normally, I wouldn't even bring this up, but quite often when we're all on the road, data reception can be very slow and it can take quite a while to open a thread just to find out it had no bearing on you. Clear and concise titles will help in those situations.

Thanks much

Jim
    OK, in agreement with this, I used the last "how to" info (regarding fixing errors in titles). But after I made my change in the title and clicked "save changes" the title remains the same on the thread title page. However, if I open that thread the corrected title is at the top of the thread.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - Thanks for bringing this up. If folks put just a bit of thought into their post titles it can help power users to assist quicker and those people searching topics to find valuable info faster.
    Joe & Kim Procter
    2016 Refection 303RLS
    2011 Ford 250, 6.7L Diesel 4X4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm guessing "7 problems with my Grand Design. You won't BELIEVE #5!!!" wouldn't be appropriate?
    Ed and Susan
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    Ruby the Golden Retriever
    Sheba the German Shepherd