User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks View Post
    Congrats and welcome from Mansfield Ohio. . . . .
    Thank you. Finally ran into some locals on here lol.
    Irf & Amy & Our Doggo/Furkid Mr. Brody, 2020 Reflection 337RLS, 2nd AC Added, 2019 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent CCSB Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate 6.2 Gasser, 4.30 Gears, Andersen Ultimate Hitch, Traded in: 2019 297RSTS And 2018 F150 CCLB 5.0 3.73 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS View Post
    I am assuming that you didnt buy your truck new since you said you were in the market for a 5 yr old truck.
    The cost difference is not that much when its that old with a gasser and diesel. I bought my 6.2 brand new and the diesel is $9120 more. I can buy a lot of gas with that if I keep the truck for 4 yrs and still be ahead of not paying $9120 for the upcharge. We felt that we shouldn't spend extra for it because we don't do a whole lot of traveling. If we were fulltiming, this wouldn't be a discussion and we would've pulled the trigger for it and it would be a daily driver. That could pay for itself with the savings. Otherwise, I am proud of my old gas burner. I am an experienced driver and know how to keep the RPMs up and don't mind the sound. It keeps up with traffic no problem pulling 11800-12000 behind me. If I grew up with diesels then I wouldn't like the downgrade going to gas.
    Glad it works for you, but my remarks above were simply pointing out that my diesel is far more reliable than any gasser I've ever owned.
    I only mentioned this because you and a lot of other people have a false sense that a gas motor is more reliable than a diesel and so are maintenance costs.
    My point was my maintenance costs are far less than any gas engined vehicle I've ever owned.
    And since you brought it up, for the most part when people say that they didn't go with the diesel because of the "extra $9k" this in my opinion is pretty much a B$ excuse in a lot of instances because they end up spending 3x that on other options. It would be a valid if you only had two options, gas or diesel.

Truth is, there are tons of options and most of the really expensive ones aren't under the hood.
    I was just at the Dodge website looking at new trucks and the fact is, you can actually buy a brand new 2019 Ram Tradesman 3500 dually diesel crew cab 8 foot bed with a 4.10 rear for $25,000 LESS than a 2019 Limited Ram 3500 dually gasser crew cab 8 foot bed with a 4.10 rear. The people that use the $9k cheaper excuse should really just say they'd rather have leather and some other luxuries than diesel, because it's just that, an excuse to get other options, since you can buy a brand new diesel one ton for far less than a one ton gasser.
    If you're looking for the least expensive, base-model brand new one ton on the other hand, then yea going for the gas motor makes sense.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-09-2019 at 02:16 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking set up enjoy

Setting Up Camp 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Nice looking set up enjoy
    Thank you very much
    Irf & Amy & Our Doggo/Furkid Mr. Brody, 2020 Reflection 337RLS, 2nd AC Added, 2019 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent CCSB Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate 6.2 Gasser, 4.30 Gears, Andersen Ultimate Hitch, Traded in: 2019 297RSTS And 2018 F150 CCLB 5.0 3.73 Ruby Red/Stone Grey Accent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the forums. I have learned lots here and continue to learn not only about Grand Designs products but also RVing in general. I can't tell you how many times I've mentioned a topic on the forums to my wife that is exactly the thing we had been experiencing. Hope to hear from you often.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12