Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    DMB,
    All of my pictures are taken in the big red X orientation you’ve pictured above. The OP’s picture ended up sideways because some form of EDIT is needed before saving (in essence, re-saving) to the picture file. In “edit” I always choose “enhance”, because it’s quick and tends to brighten up the picture. Your edit was to crop it. Doesn’t really matter which orientation you hold the phone.
    N
    Actually it does matter, for a lot of websites, maybe not this one. And no form of edit is needed when anyone takes photos. I've never needed to edit mine because I hold the phone in landscape.
    If you're using some app to take photos then maybe you'll need to edit them but that's because that function is built-in to that app. None of the cameras or video cameras on any of my phones has ever required edit.
    I should have said most websites display photos with the longest side down. So if you take a vertical photo of a tree, the tree will appear laying down. It's been this way for years, and only recently have websites started ignoring the orientation.
    But there are plenty of websites and apps still around that will automatically rotate photos so the longest side is down. The only people I see still taking photos and video vertically are old folks... like my parents who keep asking me why their emailed photos are always sideways.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-09-2019 at 12:01 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Solid steps and Camping World

Oops

Rats
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-09-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    The only people I see still taking photos and video vertically are old folks... like my parents who keep asking me why their emailed photos are always sideways.
    And people who are taking pictures where the subject is much taller than it is wide. Holding it vertically is the only way to get good composition.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    And people who are taking pictures where the subject is much taller than it is wide. Holding it vertically is the only way to get good composition.
    That's true, good point.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This usually happens when people hold their phone the wrong way when taking photos... you are supposed to hold a phone the same way you hold a camera when taking photos, in a landscape orientation not vertical.

Photos are automatically posted longest side down. I cropped it for you so you’ll see what I mean, now it’s the right shape so it will post correctly.

Attachment 21881

Attachment 21880

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for my geek side: cameras like an iPhone store the orientation of the photo wirhin the image file. The problem is a fair amount of software ignores the orientation information. More background info than anyone probably cares about https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.how...y-rotated/amp/
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...The only people I see still taking photos and video vertically are old folks... like my parents who keep asking me why their emailed photos are always sideways.
    One advantage to aging is that you tend to streamline the little nit-picky things...doesn’t matter HOW the job gets done so much anymore, just that it gets done, quickly and expediently. Bruce is really happy you reminded me of that, thanks!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camper1013 View Post
    So I installed our new Solid Steps yesterday. The install was pretty simple.

We ordered them through Camping World. I know a lot of people hate them, but they were on sale for way cheaper than I have seen them and it came with a free lift assist kit ($100). Here is the fun part. They told us they would take about a week. Week and a half later (We have been calling to find out where they are) they have finally called Lippert and they have been sitting on their loading dock for 2 days. They finally come in and for the hassle give us another 10% off. Get them home, they sent us the wrong lift assist kit. The guy at camping world couldn't believe it. They sent them an entire pallet of the kits for the Promo, and they are all the wide and we needed the narrow. Calls Lippert and they are back ordered. Not looking good. Well he went online and called around. Found different supplier that had just one left. He 2nd day shipped it to us. Told his boss he didn't care, my wife didn't punch him yet.

For all the complaints against Camping World, while it took longer than expected to get them, the guy in the parts department went way above and beyond to get us what we needed and I am happy and will order from them again (as long as its on sale and cheaper than other places).

Leaving this weekend for another trip and to give them a break in.
    So did you have a problem with the stairs hitting the bedroom steps when folded up? Could you post a pic of them folded up with the door open?
    Thanks!

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my Solid Steps. Never felt like I needed the assists. Seems easy enough to lift to me.

CW parts stores often have good people. It's the Service Departments that drive many people batty.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound all to familiar!!!!
    Ordered 3 slide out awnings for the same reason, it was cheaper! Hum??? Or not!!!

Add said free shipping? BUT because they where not in Camping Worlds inventory, it cost $85.00 each for shipping! Told us 3 weeks delivery, well it took longer. When the first one came the shipping tube was crushed, both ends gone and so was the hardware kit. Took Camping World and Lippert two weeks to replace the kit. When the other two awnings finally came, one was correct and the other was reverse rotation. When I called Solera/ Lippert they told me I wasn’t capable of fixing the awning and recommended going to an RV shop BUT would not pay for it. Well thanks to U-tube videos its fixed. The sad part is Camping World couldn’t even track the shipments. Etrailer and Amazon will be getting our future business. At least both of these companies are straight forward about shipping policies.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good reason to just go to another CW location and pick them up in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast