User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid steps and Camping World

So I installed our new Solid Steps yesterday. The install was pretty simple.

We ordered them through Camping World. I know a lot of people hate them, but they were on sale for way cheaper than I have seen them and it came with a free lift assist kit ($100). Here is the fun part. They told us they would take about a week. Week and a half later (We have been calling to find out where they are) they have finally called Lippert and they have been sitting on their loading dock for 2 days. They finally come in and for the hassle give us another 10% off. Get them home, they sent us the wrong lift assist kit. The guy at camping world couldn't believe it. They sent them an entire pallet of the kits for the Promo, and they are all the wide and we needed the narrow. Calls Lippert and they are back ordered. Not looking good. Well he went online and called around. Found different supplier that had just one left. He 2nd day shipped it to us. Told his boss he didn't care, my wife didn't punch him yet.

For all the complaints against Camping World, while it took longer than expected to get them, the guy in the parts department went way above and beyond to get us what we needed and I am happy and will order from them again (as long as its on sale and cheaper than other places).

Leaving this weekend for another trip and to give them a break in.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like CW, have not had a bad experience. Staff is always very helpful. To be fair, have only visited three locations, Burlington WA, Tacoma WA and Wilsonville OR. Staff member who signed me up for GS last year advised to browse the web site, fill your cart with whatever, apply any discounts and then shop in store, they will match the price - just show them your cart on mobile device.
    I would like to see CW offer the option of buying online and having your order shipped to a CW location. Helps to thwart porch pirates and gets you into the store, where much like Costco I always come out with way more than what I went in for.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    I like CW, have not had a bad experience. Staff is always very helpful. To be fair, have only visited three locations, Burlington WA, Tacoma WA and Wilsonville OR. Staff member who signed me up for GS last year advised to browse the web site, fill your cart with whatever, apply any discounts and then shop in store, they will match the price - just show them your cart on mobile device.
    I would like to see CW offer the option of buying online and having your order shipped to a CW location. Helps to thwart porch pirates and gets you into the store, where much like Costco I always come out with way more than what I went in for.

Camping World has always had competitive prices and parts in stock that I needed right away, and their customer service has always been good.

If the CEO of Walmart said that all RV’ers are idiots I’d still shop there because they have the best prices on groceries and stores everywhere... and because I’m not a thin-skinned kid that pouts when someone says something I don't like.

: P

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-07-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camper1013 View Post
    So I installed our new Solid Steps yesterday. The install was pretty simple.

We ordered them through Camping World. I know a lot of people hate them, but they were on sale for way cheaper than I have seen them and it came with a free lift assist kit ($100). Here is the fun part. They told us they would take about a week. Week and a half later (We have been calling to find out where they are) they have finally called Lippert and they have been sitting on their loading dock for 2 days. They finally come in and for the hassle give us another 10% off. Get them home, they sent us the wrong lift assist kit. The guy at camping world couldn't believe it. They sent them an entire pallet of the kits for the Promo, and they are all the wide and we needed the narrow. Calls Lippert and they are back ordered. Not looking good. Well he went online and called around. Found different supplier that had just one left. He 2nd day shipped it to us. Told his boss he didn't care, my wife didn't punch him yet.

For all the complaints against Camping World, while it took longer than expected to get them, the guy in the parts department went way above and beyond to get us what we needed and I am happy and will order from them again (as long as its on sale and cheaper than other places).

Leaving this weekend for another trip and to give them a break in.
    Wheres the picture of the new stairs installed? Everyone loves to see a completed mod.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of the CW complaints are with RV Sales and not the retail store side.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why its sideways, but here it it. We also added a larger handle. Seems to really help with the kids not hanging on it like the old one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4247.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	21879
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Solid steps and Camping World

Quote Originally Posted by camper1013 View Post
    I don't know why its sideways, but here it it. We also added a larger handle. Seems to really help with the kids not hanging on it like the old one.

Name:	IMG_4247.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	21879
    This usually happens when people hold their phone the wrong way when taking photos... you are supposed to hold a phone the same way you hold a camera when taking photos, in a landscape orientation not vertical.

Photos are automatically posted longest side down. I cropped it for you so you’ll see what I mean, now it’s the right shape so it will post correctly.

Name:	IMG_3123.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	21881

Name:	IMG_3122.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	21880

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 08-08-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    This usually happens when people hold their phone the wrong way when taking photos... you are supposed to hold a phone the same way you hold a camera when taking photos, in a landscape orientation not vertical.

Photos are automatically posted longest side down. I cropped it for you so you’ll see what I mean, now it’s the right shape so it will post correctly.

Name:	IMG_3123.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	21881

Name:	IMG_3122.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	21880

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DMB,
    All of my pictures are taken in the big red X orientation you’ve pictured above. The OP’s picture ended up sideways because some form of EDIT is needed before saving (in essence, re-saving) to the picture file. In “edit” I always choose “enhance”, because it’s quick and tends to brighten up the picture. Your edit was to crop it. Doesn’t really matter which orientation you hold the phone.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Thanks for the help! One of these days I will actually figure out how to post the pictures from my phone rather than sending them to my PC first.

Who says you old guys don't know how to work technology?
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    ... and because I’m not a thin-skinned kid that pouts when someone says something I don't like.

: P
    Pbbbbbt.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast