User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan Total Cummings Diesel Production to Cease

I just read an article posted on JALOPNIK saying Nissan will srop production of thed Titan XD with the Cummings diesel effective December 2019. Im curious if Toyota will pick up the Cummings diesel?
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't trust a Cummings. I've never seen one, despite hearing about them for years.

A Cummins, on the other hand, is a great engine. I haven't heard about Nissan dumping them, and Ram/Dodge has been using them for years with great results.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I wouldn't trust a Cummings. I've never seen one, despite hearing about them for years.

A Cummins, on the other hand, is a great engine. I haven't heard about Nissan dumping them, and Ram/Dodge has been using them for years with great results.
    Sorry, I'm not disparaging the Cummins name. They have made great diesels for many years. I found the article interesting that Nissan pulled thge engine after only 4 years of production. The article referred to the number of Titan XD's sold this year, both gas and diesel, and the volume was quite low.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just giving you a hard time over the name.

I would find it surprising that they'd be dumping it after so short a run. Many of us were wondering if it was a step towards Nissan coming out with real, bigger trucks. A 1-ton Titan XD LB DRW with a Cummins engine is something that would have merited a long look at least.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price for Titan with diesel was very high; when I first saw initial price I knew it wouldn't sell. Cummins probably sells more diesel engines than Ford and GM combined. They are largest supplier for motor homes along with other applications like in construction industry and Dodge trucks. Dodge is now having issues after software upgrade took some of zip out of performance of their diesel trucks to past emission test.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I buy a Dodge Cummings? All I can find is a RAM Cummins.

.........sorry, I couldn’t resist.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    I just read an article posted on JALOPNIK saying Nissan will srop production of thed Titan XD with the Cummings diesel effective December 2019. Im curious if Toyota will pick up the Cummings diesel?
    You forgot to add a link to the article?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what they wanted for one, you could add a little more and get a real truck from one of the big three. And on top of that fuel economy wasn't good
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never understood what customer base this truck was built for. Other than a few that wanted a diesel in a mid sized truck, one was still left with a mid sized truck with mid sized truck capabilities. Add the extra weight of a diesel and this truck had very low payload numbers but came with a full sized truck price.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s stopping because the Titan has been a flop. The total production numbers are poor, the diesel take rate has to be abysmal. I really think the truck is let down by poor styling and I’m not sure why they tried to make the HD a in between model? If you want to compete make a true 2500 model, not one that poses to be one but lacks the capacity yet it’s priced as if it does. And I’m sure if smaller diesels are the future or bigger gas engines are.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast