User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I owned 2 Titans and they were fine, very reliable trucks but not even close to my Toyota trucks. Quality, ride, interior noise was much better. I am forced to drive one of the big 3 because I need a heavy duty truck with a diesel. If Toyota had a one ton diesel I would drop this Ford in a heartbeat.
    But when the cost of electric pickups comes down I will be driving one of those over any diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I owned 2 Titans and they were fine, very reliable trucks but not even close to my Toyota trucks. Quality, ride, interior noise was much better. I am forced to drive one of the big 3 because I need a heavy duty truck with a diesel. If Toyota had a one ton diesel I would drop this Ford in a heartbeat.
    But when the cost of electric pickups comes down I will be driving one of those over any diesel.

Until battery range issues are overcome, you’ll not be driving it very far.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMB I have so much to say about electric trucks. I just have to leave that one alone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Until battery range issues are overcome, you’ll not be driving it very far.

I’ll take a shorter range over vastly higher dependability and having to smell diesel fumes.

We never drive more than about 150 miles a day if we’re towing so we’re good with the range.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    We never drive more than about 150 miles a day if we’re towing so we’re good with the range.
    You are far more patient than I am. I wouldn't bother breaking camp and setting everything up again when I arrived at the destination if I only drove 150 miles. I'd just stay put.

HD electric trucks with payload and range similar to a petrol truck are MANY years away. I'm all for competition and innovation and love seeing the progress EV's are making but they have a long way to go before I'll get one. Range is the limiting factor for me. We drive between states often (500-1,000 mile travel days) and I'm not interested in spending several hours every day sitting at a charging station. Plus, companies will have to build all new charging stations to accommodate trucks with RV's. There are basically none right now.

My son has a deposit on the new Tesla Cybertruck. He has a Ford Raptor right now. He's pretty excited about getting an EV so it will be fun to see how this unfolds for him.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why large trucks, where huge amounts of torque is needed, haven't gone diesel-electric hybrid, like ships and locomotives. There would seem to be several oportunities for efficiency gains in such a hybrid design: regenerating energy from braking, efficiency gains from running the diesel engine at its most efficient RPM, and the deletion of the complex gearbox. In this design the diesel engine basically runs as a generator at a more or less constant rpm for the electric motor propulsion system. The variable speed electric motor has huge torque and runs off the engine and a smaller battery pack than a full hybrid would.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    You are far more patient than I am. I wouldn't bother breaking camp and setting everything up again when I arrived at the destination if I only drove 150 miles. I'd just stay put.

HD electric trucks with payload and range similar to a petrol truck are MANY years away. I'm all for competition and innovation and love seeing the progress EV's are making but they have a long way to go before I'll get one. Range is the limiting factor for me. We drive between states often (500-1,000 mile travel days) and I'm not interested in spending several hours every day sitting at a charging station. Plus, companies will have to build all new charging stations to accommodate trucks with RV's. There are basically none right now.

My son has a deposit on the new Tesla Cybertruck. He has a Ford Raptor right now. He's pretty excited about getting an EV so it will be fun to see how this unfolds for him.
    I agree with you. Range is the issue and like you I push to get where I am going and run as many miles as I can and usually between 800 to 1000. Maybe once I retire and don't have to be back at work drive less each day but have to wait and see.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess some folks who love electric cars and trucks haven't seen lines at fuel stations to get gas. If electric cars become more popular there will be lines at charging stations. I have a problem waiting 10 minuets for some guy to get gas. I got things to do.
    As for a diesel/electric hybrid I just don't get the point. Everyone knows that a locomotive has a big diesel motor and a big generator. Its moire than half motor. No way will they ever make that combo in a HD truck.
    By the way does anyone know how many die in a electric car crash? Here in Ca when a Tesla crashes most of them catch fire. One Tesla got into a crash and they put out the fire and towed it to a shop. Later that night that same car caught fire again.
    I don't think electric cars are the future no matter how many miles between charges. Can you imagine your electric grid in the summer when everyone comes home from work and plugs in and you have to turn off your AC. Ya I get you some of that.
    I stopped for fuel one day with our RV and what did I see two guys waiting on there electric cars to charge. I laughed so loud I bet they heard me.
    By the way new diesels don't smoke or stink. They don't make much of a racket ether.
    Those electric batteries are more harmful to the environment than a single car. People have no idea how a electric car battery is made and what do you do with them when they die. At least with a gas car you can rebuild the motor and melt down the old parts to make new ones.
    Gas and diesel will never go out of style. Just ask any farmer how he would do with a electric combine or tractor.
    It's one thing to have a electric semi going down the open road but put that same truck in heavy traffic with 80,000 pounds having to stop and start all the time. That battery is not going to last very long.
    Another thing. Say your battery lasts 10 years. Would you spend $10,000 for a new battery for a 10 year old car? Oh I forgot the cost of some guy installing it. You can't do that in your garage although some will try.
    People complain about having to take there car to the dealer for repairs. Own a electric car and shut up and pay up LOL.
    Sorry guys I just couldn't help myself. Electric cars are stupid and a fad. I am waiting for the mini skirt to come back LOL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't understand Nissan. All this talk about the redesigned 2020 Titan XD.

I was at a Nissan dealer a couple weeks ago getting an oil change. There sat a 2020 Nissan XD Pro4x. Got a salesman to grab the keys. All I wanted to see was the door jamb sticker. Salesman was trying hard to upgrade me into it. I laughed at the poor salesman. Over $20k more than my 2018 Titan SV and 100 #'s less CCC. Seems like Nissan took a step backwards. The salesman didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I just politely walked away.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    I just don't understand Nissan. All this talk about the redesigned 2020 Titan XD.

I was at a Nissan dealer a couple weeks ago getting an oil change. There sat a 2020 Nissan XD Pro4x. Got a salesman to grab the keys. All I wanted to see was the door jamb sticker. Salesman was trying hard to upgrade me into it. I laughed at the poor salesman. Over $20k more than my 2018 Titan SV and 100 #'s less CCC. Seems like Nissan took a step backwards. The salesman didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I just politely walked away.
    Based on my experience with Nisssan trucks in the last 10 years, the PRO-4X is ONLY FOR OFF ROADERS. In fact I rate the Pro-4x package as DO NOT BUY. The package REDUCES cargo carrying capacity because it increases the truck's weight and the Billsteen shocks are too soft, as they are designed to give a soft ride off road. You will have to beef up the rear suspension even if you stay under the reccomended trailer and cargo capacities. The electronicly locking rear differential will give you fits once it gets wet. You will have a rear diff warning light on for days after towing in the rain.

You are far better off getting a Nissan 4WD truck withOUT the PRO-4X package. The only things you will miss are the cosmetic junk.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234