User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grill to fit in outdoor kitchen?

We have a 2019 2400BH and enjoy grilling outdoors when the weather permits. We use the stove in the outdoor kitchen but there are times we grill burgers, dogs, etc. on a small grill as well as cooking on the outdoor stove.

We keep our small grill in the basement/pass-through when not in use but would like to keep a grill in the storage area above the outdoor stove. I've been looking around and can't find a grill that will fit in that small-ish slot; I've been thinking about removing the piece of 1X2 that's there to keep things in place when traveling to make that area taller. Even doing that our current grill won't fit. Ideally I'd like to add a "Y' adapter to the LP connection under the outdoor kitchen so I can avoid the small propane canisters and just tap into the onboard propane and use the factory stove and a grill at the same time.

Anyway, have you found a grill that would fit above the outdoor stove? Or another solution to add a grill to the outdoor kitchen? This summer has been hot enough that we've cooked outside a lot to keep the trailer cool and frankly I enjoy it enough that I'd like to reserve the indoor stove and oven for colder weather and rainy days.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a 17" Blackstone griddle sitting on top of the 2-burner stove, and have a hose and adapter to hook up to the propane quick connect under the outdoor kitchen.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...112#post174112
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    We use a 17" Blackstone griddle sitting on top of the 2-burner stove, and have a hose and adapter to hook up to the propane quick connect under the outdoor kitchen.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...112#post174112
    I just bought that griddle today. It's a steal in the US at 79.95 in Canada the cheapest is homehard ware at 143.00. Out of stock on line I had to call around to their stores.
    Lots of really good video's on this unite get to try it out on Tuesday

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the OEM optional LP gas grill in our outside kitchen. It mounts on a swing away bumper mount to the side of my roof ladder, and swings around the corner to mount the grill on. But the grill is not of very good quality.

I went to Home Depot and bought a square stainless steel gas grill for about $129. It's the same grill that Sam's Club sells for $99. Only downside is that a large propane bottle is required--which I already had. I attempted to purchase brass fittings to hook up the grill into my quick attach LP line (under the kitchen), but the required parts are not available. The new grill really cooks well and it's far less expensive than the camping/marine portable grills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I removed the small outdoor refrigerator. The traeger ranger fits perfectly in that space. I used the screw holes that secured the fridge and screwed in a piece of 2X2 so I doesn’t slide into the door while we are driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 2800, I removed the 1" × 2" and the small refrigerator. My two 2200 Honda generators fit where the fridge was, my Camp Chef bbg box and flat top griddle fit above the factory stove. I store the Camp Chef 2 burner stove, in its bag, under the bottom bunk. I have the hose on order to hook the grill to the camper propane. I normally store the 50 amp cord on top of the generators but it was in use at the time of the pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190728_183756.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	21907

Name:	20190810_180124.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	21908

Name:	20190810_180058.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	21909
    Last edited by Unlimitedmatt; 08-11-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a blackstone griddle, attached using a line splitter into the outside gas line. It works great. I am looking at replacing the outside 2 burner stove with something of higher quality. The heat output is poor and if you use 2 skillets then balance and spacing between them is an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Cuisinart griddle. A perfect replacement for our old model that stopped working. This newer model has reversible cooking plates which is much better than trying to store 4 individual plates. Works and looks great. Grease catching design in this unit is much better than the old cups that had to be placed next to the drip spout. I definitely recommend this unit. Besides that, it is said in this review that it is the best compact option for rv.