User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When flushing if you close tank with it flushing and let the tank fill up about 3/4s full then let it out you will find you will get a lot more out. Don`t let it run too long and overfill the tank as that could get very messy.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that these tanks are very flat, usually no more than 6" tall, so they never really completely empty. I did an experiment with my grey tank last year and filled it up, then drained it, measuring the water that drained out and got about 3 gal less than the capacity of the tank. Also, the gauges on the inside are famous for not working. Over time, you will learn what your capacities are from experience. It varies for each user. For me it is 4-5 days on the black, 2 days on the grey if using the shower and washing dishes. Like mentioned above, the clear elbows are awesome. Turn on the flush for your black tank and let it run until the water is relatively clear, then flush your grey tanks and your done. I always put a deodorizing packet down the toilet after I flush to keep things smelling good during storage, especially over a hot summer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we leave campground we put softener, borax and ice in black tank after dumping it keeps the senders cleaner so they don’t mess up and the ice just loosens everything up for next trip we always have 3-4 gallons of water in our black tank , clean not dirty

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Thetford Drain Valve lubricant, it does help. Plan to try vegetable oil next time, would be less expensive ��. Also we’ve found with our 315RLTS makes a lot of difference how high the RV is in relation to the sewer connection. If the RV is tipped on it’s side, for example at a dump station on the way out of the park, it also seems to drain better. We’re traveling now but will put in storage for about six weeks when get home. At my last stop I’m going to try raising opposite side of camper after dumping and dump again to verify that.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take my Momentum in for annual service which includes having the tanks flushed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the above are good suggestions. I usually put about 5 gallons of water and about a half cup of either dish soap or laundry soap in the black tanks. If we haven't been camping for awhile I will add a 10 pound bag of ice. After dumping the tanks I again add water and another half cup of dish soap. I leave this in while the trailer is in the storage
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12