User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Chief BM says it, you can take it to the bank.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Currently in Hawaii moving to CA in July/Aug 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marker lights are powered through tow vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    The marker lights are powered by the tow vehicle tail light circuit and is fused in the tow vehicle, not the trailer.
    I was just gonna say the same thing! Having built several utility trailers and all wired this way(powered from tow vehicle). I have not seen one with independent power on trailer for marker lights. Personally I prefer towing with "rear view" camera on all the time anyway. Pulling power from marker lights works well and keeps you camera from being on 24/7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks, Chiefblueman, for your response. The rear camera mount power is definitely not on the marker light circuit and, while your point is good, I just installed a switch between the camera and the camera mount power and it's working well.
    I have a 21G with the same issue. Where did you decide to mount the switch? I'd like to install a switch as well, but not sure where.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I installed a wireless backup camera on the rear of our new Momentum 25G Toy Hauler using the factory installed mount above the ramp door. Having read materials available to me regarding the electrical power at this mount, I knew that the camera would be powered either when the truck was in Reverse or when the running lights were on. This was ideal and such a great convenience to have it prewired. I installed the camera and everything was great with good reception and clarity and I was so pleased. I then discovered that the electrical power at this location is energized all the time and therefore the camera is on all the time. When l checked this forum, I find that people are having problems with their cameras not lasting very long because they're on all the time. I checked YouTube and see where people have fixed this problem by searching out power within the trailer that is only on when the running lights are on but they have to get into the ceiling and cabinets and make this connection. I can't find any discussion for a fix for this on this forum and am hoping someone will have a better idea. I'm really disappointed that Grand Design didn't wire the trailer in the way that I had read and I really can't figure out why this outlet would be energized all the time. I currently have plans to install a switch on this camera setup that will allow me to turn off the power when I want. Any other help would be appreciated.
    I have a January build 2019 25G. Hooked up back up camera and worked great first trip out. Drained battery first night boondocking. GD claimed Furrion back up camera power supplied from running lights. Absolutely not wired to truck power, running or back up lights. With truck unplugged, camera still on. Furrion back up camera power is on all the time with battery cutoff switch on. Appears to be wired in with 12 volt A/C circuit as pulling A/C fuse will kill power to camera. But...after disconnecting camera from supply, turning off battery switch, pulling A/C fuse, Camera power circuit is energized with low voltage. Any ideas? Could an A/C capacitor be involved? GD would not supply schematic. Prior to this issue, For history, A/C was cross wired from thermostat and fuel gauge was cross wired. Dealer was no help, kept trailer 9 weeks and still couldn’t find crossed wires. Mobile tech found in 5 minutes, no charge.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say low voltage as in 12.7Vdc or you are seeing trace voltage? Is the camera still powered on like that? I doubt there is a capacitor in the 12Vdc circuit and if there was it wouldn't stay charged that it would power the camera. The ones you are thinking of are 120Vac meant for starting and running the Compressor and fan. You need to find what is powered up still with the disconnect in the open position (everything off ).
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-26-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    You say low voltage as in 12.7Vdc or you are seeing trace voltage? Is the camera still powered on like that? I doubt there is a capacitor in the 12Vdc circuit and if there was it wouldn't stay charged that it would power the camera. The ones you are thinking of are 120Vac meant for starting and running the Compressor and fan. You need to find what is powered up still with the disconnect in the open position (everything off ).
    Thanks for the reply Wicked ace. You were right about trace voltage, no issue. I was able to move camera power supply from trailer 12 volt circuit, to running lights, supplied from truck, works great. Contacted GD and now was told some trailers were wired to constant power, sometimes through an exhaust fan power source. Mind was powered through Living A/C 12 volt circuit, which powers A/C thermostat and some lights, not my preference. I believe I have identified all parasites and will switch ones I want to turn off. Only question now is, where is Happy Jack powered from? GD assured me it was fused. After repeatedly telling them it was not fused through panel. With all 15 amp fuses pulled, it still operates. Then was told it was fused under A frame in the front. Well it’s not. No fuses under A frame but emergency brake. So my question is where is it powered from? Only place I haven’t looked, that is open, is under the sink. I will have my tech try to run it down. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12