User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Hydraulic slide was falling out on the HWY!

Hello y'all,

I had everything packed up and we headed for the coast, which is a 3 hour drive on 299 east from Redding to Trinidad. 1/2 hour into the trip, I check the mirrors while making a right hand turn and it's one of those sights like you see but you don't really believe your own eyes because I only caught it for a split second. I say to my wife, hey babe...I think our slide was just falling out of the rig! So I pay close attention during the next right turn and sure enough.....the slide pops out, maybe a foot at the top and not at all on the bottom!! So that was exciting. Found a safe place to pull over to see what I can do about it.

While standing on the counter and the slide was in, I was able to push the top out so I told the wife....it's time for us to turn around since this isn't safe. I found part of a swiffer and shoved it in on the top so it wasn't able to lean out like it was doing. This slide section is the kitchen with refrigerator and oven.

Does any body have a clue on what's happening to this slide? I've never noticed it before and I'd be surprised if I missed it before. I like to think of myself as a good driver who would notice something like this but...who knows since normally I'm looking in the right mirror while making right hand turns.

Thanks for any advise here.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-10-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati07 View Post
    Hello y'all,

I had everything packed up and we headed for the coast, which is a 3 hour drive on 299 east from Redding to Trinidad. 1/2 hour into the trip, I check the mirrors while making a right hand turn and it's one of those sights like you see but you don't really believe your own eyes because I only caught it for a split second. I say to my wife, hey babe...I think our slide was just falling out of the rig! So I pay close attention during the next right turn and sure enough.....the slide pops out, maybe a foot at the top and not at all on the bottom!! So that was exciting. Found a safe place to pull over to see what I can do about it.

While standing on the counter and the slide was in, I was able to push the top out so I told the wife....it's time for us to turn around since this isn't safe. I found part of a swiffer and shoved it in on the top so it wasn't able to lean out like it was doing. This slide section is the kitchen with refrigerator and oven.

Does any body have a clue on what's happening to this slide? I've never noticed it before and I'd be surprised if I missed it before. I like to think of myself as a good driver who would notice something like this but...who knows since normally I'm looking in the right mirror while making right hand turns.

Thanks for any advise here.
    First--welcome to the forum.

What year and model trailer do you own? How long have you owned it?

Consider adding the info to your signature so you don't have to repeat it all the time. (See mine below as a suggestion.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

It's a 2018 Momentum 350M that we've had for almost a couple of years.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati07 View Post
    Thanks.

It's a 2018 Momentum 350M that we've had for almost a couple of years.
    Go to https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001617.pdf

On page 6 is a list of "What Should Be Done?" when "In Closed Position, room drifts out."

I have no personal experience with hydraulic slides--hopefully someone else will come along with something more specific but if you're handy the manual may lead you in the right direction.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ducati, I added
    Hydraulic to the post title in hopes that you get replies geared twords the correct slide mechanism.
    I'll echo howson, welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-10-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would extend the slide and get under it and inspect all the bolts. I suspect something is loose. Most hydraulic slide rooms are attached to the rams at the bottom and, unless the manufacturer uses locks at the top (which GD does not), there is really nothing holding it in at the top. If it should come loose at the bottom, the top will swing out in turns.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, as Kirby said, check the adjustment bolts under the slide. Something is loose.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS