User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Getting My 303RLS in 3 Days!

Hello! This is my first post, but this forum has already been very helpful to me in selecting my coach. So thank you!

I have a lot in common with the "Newbie in Need." I've never had an RV of any kind before, and until last week I hadn't driven a pickup truck in over 40 years. I've never towed anything, and this endeavor will mostly be undertaken by me and my 11-year-old daughter. I am married, but effectively single where the RV is concerned. DH refuses to participate for a variety of reasons. But I homeschool my daughter and books are portable!

This morning I had a bout of anxiety to overcome. It's a little scary taking this on. But then I finally got to see my actual trailer, and the excitement came back. I can't wait to take delivery and go on a couple of local learning trips. And, yes, I am taking some driving lessons.

So that is probably too much information. Sorry. No filter. But I'm off to become a paid member of the forum.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking driving classes is a great idea. I'd never hauled a fifth wheel and had a ton of anxiety. However the fifth wheel pulls easier than any bumper pull we've had. Congrats and enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome ! Sounds like you are taking on quite an adventure. Many of us kinda like those 303s too.......some of us from the beginning of production !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How fun! Are you storing the 303 at home? Once your husband gets in and spends time in the 303, if he doesn't give in short time it'll be his loss at great times with you and your daughter. Driving lessons are a great idea.

We have so many great state parks all over MI you're sure to get plenty of experience backing in. I don't think anyone lives more than an hour away from one (even in Da U.P)

I've met alot of homeschoolers the past 5 yrs traveling in our 303 and the majority have kids mature beyond their years, take advantage of that and turn her into the best little RV partner and guide for backing in there is.

Welcome to the forum ans Enjoy your new toy!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/