User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve c View Post
    I've been making wine for 19 years now. A rewarding hobby to say the least!! I wine tasting camp out would be a blast!!!
    I am not a wine maker, I only made one bottle of wine and that is how I met my wife. I was taking a college biology course and we were learning about anaerobic respiration. In the lab we made wine. We were marked on alcohol content. I got an A. My neighbor came over to help me drink it and as they say we lived happily ever after.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been making wine for 19 years now. A rewarding hobby to say the least!! I wine tasting camp out would be a blast!!!
    Does mead count me in? Although this thread is 1-1/2 years old now I would like to jump in as well.
    I started making wines back in the mid 90's. Got all the necessary equipment & then some. Working with a couple local Vint-Your-Own-Wine establishments we learned to make some pretty decent wines. Not outstanding wines, but pretty decent. I'm sure if we would let them age a bit more that could have made a difference?
    It wasn't until we became beekeepers that we switched over to making mead from our honey. I resurrected the mead competition in Michigan (the Michigan Mead Cup) around 8 years ago that is patterned after wine competitions. I have since handed the reins over to a few more qualified individuals who have taken the comp to a whole nother level. I have had the privilege of obtaining a Gold Medal for my 5 Berry blend entered in the "Made in Michigan" category. All berries grown (mostly wild) on our property.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started making some Wine lately, I blame Covid

yup, actually just started again after like 20 years, I have Blueberry, Banana, Mango, Strawberry, Grape and Pomegranate I started in the last month, here is a pic of my Blueberry and banana bubbling away..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6431.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	31992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6337.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	31993
    2018 Grand Design 376TH MOMENTUM!!!!
    2018 F350 FORD King-Ranch 4x4 DRW 6.7L Turbo Diesel 8 foot bed
    Pace Edwards Bedlocker electric tonneau cover, B&W Companion OEM 5th-Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 20,000 lbs,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bag Helper Springs, RVi Tire Patrol TPMS
    2 Old Town Sportsman w/ trolling motor kayaks for me and the wifey...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any good recommendations for a good complete starter kit. One Chard, One Pinot Noir?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any good recommendations for a good complete starter kit. One Chard, One Pinot Noir?

I would like a recipe that is fail safe (barring my own blatant mistake). What are the 5 gallon kegs you speak of? Anything else between that and a bottle? Anything good for transport in an RV?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been making wine for years. Depending on where you live you can go to your local home brewers supply and buy kits that have everything you need but the equipment. you can get them online but they are heavy. Don't buy the cheap ones that you add a lot of water. You really can't screw it up except having the room you ferment in too hot or cold.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    yup, actually just started again after like 20 years, I have Blueberry, Banana, Mango, Strawberry, Grape and Pomegranate I started in the last month, here is a pic of my Blueberry and banana bubbling away..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6431.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	31992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6337.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	31993
    I have to agree with you about blaming it on Covid! Even though I'm retired we would have spent a lot more time traveling last year! Of course with mead making once you get passed the secondary fermentation, I can let it set for months on end before bottling.
    I would like to ask you about your banana wine. I am a semi-retired wine maker concentrating on mead more than wine, and have to ask you the how/what/when & where to your recipe. More interested in the ingredients & starting gravities. 5 or 6 gallon? Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wineman700 View Post
    I have been making wine for years. Depending on where you live you can go to your local home brewers supply and buy kits that have everything you need but the equipment. you can get them online but they are heavy. Don't buy the cheap ones that you add a lot of water. You really can't screw it up except having the room you ferment in too hot or cold.
    I don't have a local supply store worth anything. Have to drive an hour. I will find a decent kit and get some going!

I have a room that is pretty steady at 58 degrees pretty much all year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234