User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any wine makers out there?

I've been making wine for 19 years now. A rewarding hobby to say the least!! I wine tasting camp out would be a blast!!!
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did this a few years ago. Made a good grape wine from our grapes in the back yard. Tried elderberry , got vinegar. Made a strawberry that should have a bourbon label on it , it warms the whole way down.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup!!!! That's usually how it goes! I've made some good wines on my day. I've also thrown away a lot of CRAP 🤢🤢🤢
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We make our own wine from juice that we buy in the Finger Lakes area of NY. We have Traminette, Noiret and Dry Rose' made from Iona grapes. Took some to a recent GD owners "gathering" and those who tried it seemed to enjoy it as much as we do.
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make from juice as well. Hard to get good grapes in Ohio. I make a wide variety of reds, pinot noir, merlot and such. I also make chardonnay and dry riesling. I Keg my wine now and we laughed at the sight of 2 5 gallon kegs of wine in our camper. One red and one white. Hey, it was only a 2 week trip ����������
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should start this thread I was just digging around in the storage room in the basement and found half a dozen bottles I made from grapes in our yard thirty years ago. Must've been some good stuff since I never tried again LOL and left those bottles untouched. Now just stick to brewing beer

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve c View Post
    I make from juice as well. Hard to get good grapes in Ohio. I make a wide variety of reds, pinot noir, merlot and such. I also make chardonnay and dry riesling. I Keg my wine now and we laughed at the sight of 2 5 gallon kegs of wine in our camper. One red and one white. Hey, it was only a 2 week trip ����������
    We always take a few bottles with us when we head out. Camping without wine is just sitting in the woods.
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    We make our own wine from juice that we buy in the Finger Lakes area of NY. We have Traminette, Noiret and Dry Rose' made from Iona grapes. Took some to a recent GD owners "gathering" and those who tried it seemed to enjoy it as much as we do.
    Yes, we did! All of them were lovely, Thank you.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve c,

My son got into wine making about four years ago. Up to this point I've been making wines from kit that I purchase from various suppliers, and have purchased my own American Oak barrel that I substitute for the oak chips they include in many of the kits. I have made about a dozen wines so far, and plan to expand deeper into the hobby now that I retired on March 1st of this year (2019). Too hot in Arkansas in the summer, so I limit my wine making to fall thru spring, trying to schedule it around our traveling in the rv, and visiting children and grandchildren.
    Last edited by BRich61598; 08-13-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the many things I like about wine making is the ability to out things off of you have too much going on. Secondary fermentation is about the only thing you cant put off. It's a procastinators dream LOL. I make from both kitsch and fresh juice. I get my kits from Label Peelers. Best prices I've seen. You do have to put the item in your basket before you see the low pricing though. It has to do with WinExperts price structure they make the stors follow. Been making wine for 10 years now. It was a goal to out make my consumption till I couldn't post drink anything until it was 2 years old ���� I moved into a new house last fall. I realized i had 27, 5 gallon kegs of wine. Time to slow down i guess lol
    Subbury, Ohio
    Imagine 2800bh
    2019 Silverado 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast