User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen sink leaking in 337

Just got back from out third outing in our 337rls and the only issue so far is that the kitchen sink drain leaks into the cabinet underneath then out on the floor. I looked underneath and noticed the P trap had slid down the main drain line. I pushed it back up in place and the leak slowed but still drips. Should I glue this connection to keep it in place?
    Troy Green
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]Troy, Lara and Ava Green
    Purcell OK
    2015 337RLS #759
    2012 Ram 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins H&S Mini Maxx

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is the p trap don't glue it. There sould be a rubber ring that is on the pipe under the nut. Check to see if it is there if not then a trip to the hardware store will take care of the leak.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi, I just went out and checked my 337. Do not glue the pipe in. If I'm not mistaken, your leak is probably by the slip joint nut that is attached between the sink discharge pipe and the p-trap. If so, it's an easy fix.

Remove both nuts on the p-trap. Clean any debris from the ends. Slide the slip joint nut and washer up the sink discharge pipe. Put the p-trap back in place and tighten up the discharge side of the p-trap. Slide the nut and washer down the sink pipe and attach securely to the p-trap. If you can't get the nuts tight enough by hand, you can use a pair of pliers to gently tighten a little more.

If these instructions are too confusing, let me know and I'll take some pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim, I really didn't think this type of connection needed glue but just wasn't sure! Sounds like a pretty simple fix, I will tackle it tomorrow night.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same exact thing on a kitchen sink in our 305RE. I checked the fittings and all were loose. I tightened them up and realigned them and it stopped leaking. I also had to remove the panel that covers some of those lines to get at them in the first place. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Gordofuchs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's reassuring to know that you were able to just tighten them up and solve the problem!
    Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also look down the sink and make sure the opening lines up with the drain pipe. I had this issue with my old trailer. It was not lined up and was leaking. Easy fix! Every time I get to my destination and turn on the water I always check under my sinks to make sure nothing is leaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a leak under my sink in my Jayco a few years back, same issue. Now I make it a practice every time I go under the sinks to check the fittings. I was amazed how many times things became loose under there.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem found in our new Reflection 27RL on our second time of use, all joints were only hand tight , makes for a nice mess! Lazee Acres has came through again MustangA from Georgian Bay Ontario

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi MustangA,

I have to chime in on the Layzee Acres reference . . . specifically this topic.
    We have had a few problems with our Reflection 303RLS . . . that all go back to GD's suppliers.
    Layzee Acres has been great on resolving every issue!
    They had to replace our sink because the original was pitted . . . so they had to have the plumbing all apart.
    Recently we filled the grey water tank all the way back to the sink (because the tank level gauge is not working . . . a new problem) but not a drop of water came out any drain joint.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS