User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysterious Radio

We have a 2019 GD Imagine 2970RL Travel Trailer. We've had it since July 2018. We have something mysterious going on with the Jensen stereo system. About 4 times in the last few weeks the radio comes on by itself. It is not happening at any specific time, but has not come on at night (yet). Nothing is interfering between the radio controls and the glass door on the cabinet. Nothing is interfering with the remote. We separated the remote from other stuff in the remote storage in the recliner arm. The trailer is parked and properly leveled and stabilized. I don't believe in ghost, so nothing supernatural appears to be going on. It is just my wife and I when this happens and no other audio/video is operating. Are there any ideas why the radio turns on by itself ?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you in a campground? Neighbors’ remote coming through a window? If that’s a possibility, try blocking the remote receiver.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cover the front so no light can get to it. See if it still happens. If it does - replace it. If it doesn't you have an IR source interacting with it.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Cover the front so no light can get to it. See if it still happens. If it does - replace it. If it doesn't you have an IR source interacting with it.
    Thanks for the input. For the 1st reply, I am in a campground. I've been here since the end of May. The problem just occurred in the past 2 weeks. Yes the campground is busier. However, I have no neighbors staying in their camper for the 2 lots either side of me, or the 2 lots across the street from me. The lots are 50 X 120 min. My backyard borders 17000 acres of state forest.

As for the 2nd reply. I'll give it a try. IR interference is a possibility but not likely. The stereo system is just out of warranty and replacing it isn't a high priority.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mysterious problem with Audio system SOLVED. After I started having additioal problems with the audio system, I was getting more frustrated. I emailed Jensen tech support but to date do not have a reply. Went on the net and looked up operators manual for Jensen JWM45 and found their quick guide. The guide indicated there is a reset in the lower left corner on the face of unit. The hole for the reset is very very small and hard to see unless you know where to look. I pushed the reset in the hole with a pointed round toothpick. They indicated you could also use a ball point pen tip but is to large for the hole. Anyhow. it worked and all the problems have disappeared.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Thanks for the update. Nothing like a reboot to fix things. That and a good 'ol whack on the side.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods