Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fridge fuse

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge fuse

I have my 2016 reflection 303 parked out of state for work during the week. i came in last Sunday and fridge was on but not cold all items ruined. I found the 8 amp fuse located on board was blown. Replaced fuse but fridge still not cooling. The warning lights (Red) does not provide any insight. I started to replace board but wanting to see if others have experienced this. It as Norcold N811v model.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have the Norcold, just some thoughts.

Does the frig cool on propane and 12V?
    Did the replacement 8A fuse blow again?
    Looks like the 8A fuse is for 120VAC and just goes thru a relay contact on the circuit board to the 120V heaters for cooling on AC power.
    Service Manual shows: AC Heater 300W/120VAC, (46 Ohm to 51 Ohm), Current ~2.3A to 2.5A @ 120VAC
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not try on gas as I need to maintain AC use since it is on 24/7/ I did replace fuse which did not blow but fridge does not get cold with new fuse. Board or heater?
    Thanks,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millelon View Post
    I have my 2016 reflection 303 parked out of state for work during the week. i came in last Sunday and fridge was on but not cold all items ruined. I found the 8 amp fuse located on board was blown. Replaced fuse but fridge still not cooling. The warning lights (Red) does not provide any insight. I started to replace board but wanting to see if others have experienced this. It as Norcold N811v model.
    After two years with our 2018 303, we awoke this a.m. to the fridge off. Checked the panel and yep, fuse blown. Ours is a Dometic 12 cf which has a 15 amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and had no issues the remainder of today. I have no idea what caused this issue either. Using a progressive surge protector on the pedestal.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millelon View Post
    I did not try on gas as I need to maintain AC use since it is on 24/7/ I did replace fuse which did not blow but fridge does not get cold with new fuse. Board or heater?
    Thanks,
    If it won't cool on propane, then I'd figure board.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank