User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV installation in bedroom

We just purchased a Transcend 247BHS and pick it up next weekend. We know there is an option to mount a TV in the bedroom area - just wanted to know if anyone has done this, and if there is extra reinforcement in the wall in that area. Trying to get an answer out of the dealership has been a nightmare. Any information would be great!

Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Must be a crappy dealership to not know this answer. Most of them will do it for you. It should be marked for a TV. Yes there is usually reinforcement in the wall. Just make sure you don't use too long of screws. I believe the walls are 1.5 inches thick.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer aside. It depends on the wall it is being mount it to. During the walk thru check and make sure you can install a TV in the front bedroom. A quick search of your trailer on GD's web site does not show a TV prep point in the front bed room unlike the other Transcend models. That could be a discrepancy in the literature. My suggestion would to be look for a Coax jack in the wall or ceiling as well as a power outlet in the vicinity. This will give you a clue if or where you can mount a TV. If you can mount but there is no sticker for the mounting location, use a stud finder to locate the stud. Since it might be an outside wall, check it a few times and mark it with a pencil for what could be edges of the stud/beam. You may also need to use a magnet to find the mounting plate. Use screws no longer that 1 inch to lessen damage to the exterior wall.

In my trailer for the front bedroom, my jack is located in the ceiling with the area for a TV mount below on the short side of a 2X4 frame. I used #10 X 1 1/2 inch wood screws to mount the TV bracket. The TV mount in the bunkhouse per my dealer PDI tech walk through is suppose to be a plate of steel since it is magnetic. A magnet is used to map out the plate. There is no sticker for the TV mount but it is there. I should use either #14 or 1/4 inch X 3/4 inches long self drilling sheet metal screws to keep the threads for exiting the exterior wall in which the plate is mounted in. My Reflection model does not show TV preps or mounts in the floor plan either. I know they are there since I was shown and personally checked the Bunkhouse mount myself during the PDI. I also installed a TV in the front bedroom myself.

good luck.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The layout shows TV prep on side opposite of the door beside the foot of the bed. This would be similar to our trailer (Transcend 243BH). Our trailer has a sticker on the wall there for mounting a TV and an outlet and coaxial cable plate there. Haven't tried to mount a TV there yet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	247BH.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	22062
    2020 Transcend Xplor 243BH