Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to RVs ready to dive in!

My wife and I have never owned RVs but are excited to buy one in the next six months. Currently looking at the Imagine Series Trailers specifically the the 2600RB is right in our budget. We are located in Missouri for the time being but we move frequently because of the military. We need something that can handle all weather conditions and keep us and our two long haired dogs comfortable. We are concerned because of conflicting opinions on whether one a/c unit is enough for us and the pups. Is one a/c unit in 2600RB going to keep us cool in a Southeast Summer trip to visit family or should we save up for a two a/c unit Imagine?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. My RV is much bigger. I have 3 A/C units. Being from FL I tend to err on the side of more A/C. But. you also have to look at the power supply, is the 2600rb 30 amp or 50 amp? Lots to consider....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Welcome to the forum. My RV is much bigger. I have 3 A/C units. Being from FL I tend to err on the side of more A/C. But. you also have to look at the power supply, is the 2600rb 30 amp or 50 amp? Lots to consider....
    I actually ran into an Imagine 2800BH owner who has one A/C unit. He said the one A/C is adequate but takes several hours to cool down the unit. Because we have long haired pups we are going to go with an Imagine 2970RL which has 2 A/Cs and 50 Amp service. I too would like to err on the side of more A/C.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2600RB is about a foot longer than ours. I live in mid Arkansas and camp in July and August. Our 1 A/C keeps us cold if we want it to. People have told me on hot days getting into a campsite, leave the slide closed as you set up w/ac on. It cools down faster. Keep forgetting to try it but it hasn't been a issue yet.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadiddle View Post
    The 2600RB is about a foot longer than ours. I live in mid Arkansas and camp in July and August. Our 1 A/C keeps us cold if we want it to. People have told me on hot days getting into a campsite, leave the slide closed as you set up w/ac on. It cools down faster. Keep forgetting to try it but it hasn't been a issue yet.
    Thank you for the feedback!!
    2009 F250 Lariat 6.4L SRW 4x4 standard bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a big difference between the 2970RL and a 2600RB, which is why one has 50A service the other has 30A. Four feet longer and 1500 pounds heavier? The open concept of the 2600 allows air to move thru the large barn doors. The bath on the 2600 is the largest in the Imagine line if that’s important to you. Floor plans become personal, maybe the 2670MK is not to your preference but it has 50A service to support the optional second AC. There are lots of folks with 2600s who live in FL, never heard of a complaint about the AC being inadequate. No question that two ACs will cool a hot unit down faster than a single, maybe 30 minutes more? Once cool I think the single will have no issue, maybe one of the southern 2600 owners will chime in.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.