User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 2500RL I mounted a Progressive HW30C behind my converter. Pretty easy to pull it out and that is where the 30 amp cord comes in. Ran the monitor up to right under the switch panel by the door. Having the monitor somewhere easy to see is an advantage when you 1st plug in and want to check for error codes. We've made it a habit to check electrical before unhooking so if there is a problem we can possibly change sites easily.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd sure like to see some photos of your installations as I am considering a 50-amp hard-wired model myself for my 2020 230RL. Please share some photos of your installations if you don't mind.

Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnmatt View Post
    In my 2500RL I mounted a Progressive HW30C behind my converter. Pretty easy to pull it out and that is where the 30 amp cord comes in. Ran the monitor up to right under the switch panel by the door. Having the monitor somewhere easy to see is an advantage when you 1st plug in and want to check for error codes. We've made it a habit to check electrical before unhooking so if there is a problem we can possibly change sites easily.
    Thanks for the reply. It makes sense to put the unit behind the distribution panel. For the monitor, were you able to run the wire in the wall of the pantry or did you put the wire out where it could be seen? OOPs, May the pantry doesn't apply to your model

Norm
    Last edited by Oregon Fun-Guy; 02-05-2020 at 11:38 AM. Reason: acknowledge what I asked night not apply to your model
    Norm & Karla
    2018 Silverado 2500HD
    Imagine 2150

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the HW50C in my 2670MK. Put the junction box behind the breaker/fuse panel which is right where the electrical supply line enters the TT. Was going to put the monitor with the other controls but decided to put it in the closet above the panel. Easty and neat install. The red LED's on that display are on all the time and relatively bright. The display continuously loops through the data and I didn't want to look at that at night. Easy enough to open the closet door and check the display if the AC doesn't fire up or it goes out.
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 02-05-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Fun-Guy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It makes sense to put the unit behind the distribution panel. For the monitor, were you able to run the wire in the wall of the pantry or did you put the wire out where it could be seen? OOPs, May the pantry doesn't apply to your model
    Norm
    I'm not sure what model you have but in ours the pantry is right above the distribution box with the TV above the pantry. Also directly to the right, by the entrance door, is a recessed area for shoes that goes up a little way into the wall.

I ran the wires for the monitor into that recessed area and then up a little bit and mounted the monitor. It works well because we can plug in and just open the door to see the readings. No wires show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12