Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pantry LED mod

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Does the Reflectix (or what ever it's called) make a noticable difference in the heat build up in the pantry?
    We think so but can't prove it. We have not noticed the pantry getting hot.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    We think so but can't prove it. We have not noticed the pantry getting hot.
    I have a whole roll of this stuff. I wonder what kind of difference it would make in all the cabinets. MY GD does an excellent job of cooling, don't know if i really need to do this but i like doing mods.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the picture where you soldered it. Looks easy. Great idea. I added motion lights that stick to a magnet base and are rechargeable. But they come off sometimes in travel.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you use the existing motion sensor or the one you have a link to in your posting?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also did this in my pantry. I think it is my favorite thing I did. I had an issue trying to use the current light as the switch and power source. I also tried to use a door contact switch. I could not get them to work so I ended up just using a regular switch inside the door to turn them on and off.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished this marvelous modification. It provides just the right amount of light. I used the motion detector and rows of LED lights down both sides of the door. I used some brown duck tape over the wires on the ceiling because I was able to tap into the wires powering the puck light. Hope DW likes it. She just had her shoulder replaced and is not moving to fast so she has not seen it yet. At least now I can catch her!
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123