User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    This is a great idea, I'm going to do this to. You right about the factory fans, they do produce a lot of air, but they don't come on when they should.
    Let us know how it goes - my next trip is Thanksgiving, but will still install this - and your internal Fan mod as well.
    Last edited by FatTire; 08-14-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the smart rv fan as well. I tied the positive into the light instead of running outside.....been working for a year or so.....another thing to try is to take the drip tube and put a curve in it so it acts as a trap but can still vent water.....this way all that hot air is not just going into the fridge......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    I did the smart rv fan as well. I tied the positive into the light instead of running outside.....been working for a year or so.....another thing to try is to take the drip tube and put a curve in it so it acts as a trap but can still vent water.....this way all that hot air is not just going into the fridge......

My tube was tied in a knot just above the lower access panel. I had to untie it to get the wire through. I guess this is the reason they did it at the factory.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added 2 Corsair 120mm computer case fans to mine. Just zip tied them onto the bottom of the shelves and tied them into the door switch on the power side not the light side. Very quiet and both move 54cu ft of air. I only have the single door in the 31MB but these units really need fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 310GK and have had refrigerator temp issues since day one. Been serviced 3 times under warranty for not maintaining temp. One of the issues was the flap between the refrigerator doors sticking so be sure that isn’t contributing to your temp issues. I do think I will put one of these on my unit to help boost circulation. Where did you tie in the power?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a 2020 Reflection 303 and at the dealership inspection noticed the fridge wasn’t cooling so we had them check it. They said it was OK. Our first trip was in 100 degree weather it didn’t cool enough. Now I understand why thanks to you all! Fantastic Information!

After reading all the posts I ordered the 85 degree switch and will try it first on a trip to the Keys.

Guess if more is needed might add the slide out compartment fan and diverter plate next.

Once again thanks for sharing!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Trish View Post
    We purchased a 2020 Reflection 303 and at the dealership inspection noticed the fridge wasn’t cooling so we had them check it. They said it was OK. Our first trip was in 100 degree weather it didn’t cool enough. Now I understand why thanks to you all! Fantastic Information!

After reading all the posts I ordered the 85 degree switch and will try it first on a trip to the Keys.

Guess if more is needed might add the slide out compartment fan and diverter plate next.

Once again thanks for sharing!!
    I added their 2 fan kit with the 85* temp prob to our 8cf domestic. It originally came with 1 fan and the aforementioned 135* switch. By itself it did not keep up on the 100-105* days we were having. The 2 fan kit helped though I had to mount them in the lower access panel. I may mod the 135* connection point with an additional 85* thermostat to get the factory fan on sooner.

Here's a couple pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0_IMG_20190731_095703285.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	22025

Name:	1_IMG_20190731_091442040.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	22026

Name:	2_IMG_20190731_091446762.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	22027

Edit, had to fix picture selection

Here's the wire after a little tidying up..

Name:	0_IMG_20190731_100032620.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	22028
    Last edited by Mikec557; 08-17-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestatsghost View Post
    I added 2 Corsair 120mm computer case fans to mine. Just zip tied them onto the bottom of the shelves and tied them into the door switch on the power side not the light side. Very quiet and both move 54cu ft of air. I only have the single door in the 31MB but these units really need fans.
    Bet you did't spend $100 bucks on this either. What a rip off.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Bet you did't spend $100 bucks on this either. What a rip off.
    Nope got a 3 pack of them and they have nice white LED lights in them too. $40 for 3 of them. Just played with the 3 wires until I figured out the + and - fan wires slipped them into the female spade connections on the light power. I'll eventually put new female spades on but for now they are solid as is.
    2018 Ford F250 CCSB
    2019 GD 31MB
    Demco Autoslider

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will this work with a Norcold?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast