User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slhicks View Post
    Will this work with a Norcold?
    Good question and one I was wondering about. I searched and found this one for Norcold. My model is 2118 and I sent the eBay seller a question to see if this is the correct one and am waiting to hear back. I will post back when I hear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392168702510
    Doug & Barb
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Turbo Diesel Short Bed
    21K Demko Slider for Ram Puck System

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the 85deg switch intended to work off an outside air temp of 85 deg? I went to the website and the product description for the 85 deg switch says when the outside air temp reaches 85 is when the unit needs cooling assistance. If the 85 deg switch is mounted inside of the refrigerator compartment near the cooling fins and factory snap switch, it would seem the fans will run more than needed? The compartment will reach 85 sooner than outside. Extra air movement is not a bad thing but could drain batteries when camping without shore power? Has anyone mounted the switch to work off the outside air temperature.

I'd like to find a switch that comes on around 100 deg to replace the factory snap switch. Anyone know of anything like that?

Thank you

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post! Is there any increase to noise level from this mod?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the info. Have had a hard time keeping food fresh. Maybe a little pricey but have to toss food that when bad is pricey too.

f
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    My 337 came with the 4 door Dometic. I wasn't happy with the inside temps. Did a lot of research and purchased this off of ebay. Its a little expensive but it works and has been keeping the temps below 35 in 90+ heat. The wire goes down the condensate tube to the power source. The wire on mine was too short so i had to add more. He also makes them for the single door refrig.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dometic-RM1...72.m2749.l2649

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjake View Post
    Is the 85deg switch intended to work off an outside air temp of 85 deg? I went to the website and the product description for the 85 deg switch says when the outside air temp reaches 85 is when the unit needs cooling assistance. If the 85 deg switch is mounted inside of the refrigerator compartment near the cooling fins and factory snap switch, it would seem the fans will run more than needed? The compartment will reach 85 sooner than outside. Extra air movement is not a bad thing but could drain batteries when camping without shore power? Has anyone mounted the switch to work off the outside air temperature.

I'd like to find a switch that comes on around 100 deg to replace the factory snap switch. Anyone know of anything like that?

Thank you
    Look on Amazon for an adjustable one. It will probably be larger and need to be mounted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjake View Post

Thank you
    You can use these, they are set for 104* F https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Thermo...gateway&sr=8-1
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...editprofilepic
    2019 Grand Design 303RLS
    2016 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 I6 Cummins Diesel
    Tottenham, ON Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cqyqte View Post
    You can use these, they are set for 104* F https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Thermo...gateway&sr=8-1
    thank you for the tip, I have also since found a fully adjustable switch on the website that sells that 85 deg switch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slhicks View Post
    Will this work with a Norcold?
    In theory, yes. They're both absorption reefers. I think they can all benefit from greater air movement to help evacuate the hot air build up. Though I should say reefers in a slide-out need this more than a reefer that vents out the rv roof. Though I still think these mods will help the roof exit installs too.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cqyqte View Post
    Good find!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased the fan and switch. If these mods work as advertised, it will be a well spent $127.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast