User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMad View Post
    Does this decrease the frost in the freezer? Decrease the need to defrost?
    It's suppose to. I'm not seeing the frost on the fins like I used to

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the same fan set up, except for a single refrig. (two fans). It works great and it does greatly reduce frost build up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys trying to follow this thread...so are you mounting the "outside fans" to the lower vent or to the top vent? I have read you want air flowing up and others have said you want to force the hot air out of the top vent.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That strange. My 337 has the same refrigerator and I set it on 6 and it keeps everything cold. I set originally on 7 but it would freeze my vegetables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=debernsen;253200]That strange. My 337 has the same refrigerator and I set it on 6 and it keeps everything cold. I set originally on 7 but it would freeze my vegetables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

There is nothing strange about it

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by debernsen View Post
    That strange. My 337 has the same refrigerator and I set it on 6 and it keeps everything cold. I set originally on 7 but it would freeze my vegetables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine is same on my 337rls and set to 6. 7 would definitely freeze veggies in certain areas. My frig is original and no fans added and I have no frost what so ever on any fin with decent temps even during these last couple of HOT months down here in East Texas. I wonder if how you load your fridge makes a difference. Keep certain things higher and other things lower type thing. Of course you don't want to overload your fridge from corner to corner as you need circulation. I wonder if keeping certain items close to the fins will freeze first? Cold air should go lower so there for keeping things lower in the fridge colder I would think. I've lived in my RV for a year now and keep testing these situations and still come to no conclusion. I would assume only one fan should do the job if needed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be different fridges. Mine is a 219 337 RLS with a dometic 4 door fridge, and the maximum setting is 5.
    Gail and Chip
    Fairfax, VA
    2019 F350 short bed, SRW, gasoline with 4.3 axle ratio
    2019 Reflection 337 RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those of you with refrigerators that are too cold are definitely the exception, not the rule. The double door refrigerators from both Dometic and Norcold have the same issue. It is very well documented. I haven't ever really loaded up this unit. With just two of us, there's no reason to. Also, the Dometic in my 2019 only has setting 1-5. The 6 cubic foot fridge in my last trailer would routinely freeze a gallon of milk. I was constantly adjusting it to get the temperature just right.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestatsghost View Post
    I added 2 Corsair 120mm computer case fans to mine. Just zip tied them onto the bottom of the shelves and tied them into the door switch on the power side not the light side. Very quiet and both move 54cu ft of air. I only have the single door in the 31MB but these units really need fans.
    I did something very similar. I wasn't sure it would work so I didn't want to spend any money on it. I took an old computer case fan that I had laying around and I too, zip tied it to the bottom rack and I powered it off the 12V frig light feed. It works amazingly well, so well we had to raise the setting. Its all about the air flow. Someday I'll invest $10 and I'll buy a better fan.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I didn't post my fridge, its a Norcold or whatever the name of those brands are and had been replaced before I bought this RV.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast