User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Is Grand Design helping you out or are you just dealing with Dometic?
    Originally dometic, after getting the run around for over a month I got grand design involved. At first they werent much help but after awhile they put alot pressure on dometic. Dometic was making alot of excuses for everything and would not admit the fridge had any issues.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Our fridge is in the slide. Removed the outside top panel. The switch was located on the left upper corner of the condenser fins. It should have been a plug and play but the connector wires to the existing switch were both female connectors. I made a patch cord of male to male and it plugged in the new switch. I zip tied the new switch so it sat just above the condenser fins. Not including making the patch cord, probably 10 minutes total instal time. If our 312 wasn’t at the dealer for warranty repairs, I’d snap a couple of pics. There may be an install video on the website linked above.

I will say the four factory installed fans do produce good airflow across the condenser. Much better than I’ve seen in other units/makes with the fridge in the slide.
    can you take a pic of what you did. i think i found the sensor with two red wires running to it correct? the sensor seems to be screwed into the fins. did you remove the whole outside panel or just the access panel to do this mod?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sensor.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	22716

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    can you take a pic of what you did. i think i found the sensor with two red wires running to it correct? the sensor seems to be screwed into the fins. did you remove the whole outside panel or just the access panel to do this mod?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sensor.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	22716
    Just removed the top access panel. That looks like it, and yes, it had two red wires. I just left the old switch there since I couldn't access it without pulling the fridge. I'd take a pic, but our trailer is STILL in the shop for warranty repairs.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still not understanding how to connect the new switch. I see where the two red wires to the fans connect at the fins. Unfortunately, it is just about impossible to get my hand in there. What am I disconnecting? Where does the switch go. Where do those red wires connect at the end of this? I am paranoid about breaking something because I leave on a 16 day road trip in a week. Can somebody explain it like I don't know how to plug in a toaster?
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was confused also!
    Contacted David at RV repair where I bought the 85 deg switch. He said the switch is intended to run an auxiliary fan. NOT to connect to any of The fridge cooling system. He and Grand Design said to remove or the 1/4” panel or cut it just above the 4 cooling fans.

We just cut the panel 2” above the bottom of the axcess cover bottom. Didn’t install the switch. Now fridge cool to 34 deg. In 6 to 8 hours in Florida 100 deg. Days. At a setting of 4.

Hope this helps and happy camping. We are headed to the KeyWest for a week on Monday.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the new fan unit installed and working. Now, back to the new 85° switch. Do I simply disconnect the red wires from the fin and leave them disconnected? The switch is then connected to the now empty terminals and I'm done?
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Trish View Post

Hope this helps and happy camping. We are headed to the KeyWest for a week on Monday.
    Envious! We won't be able to go to Grassy Key until Thanksgiving.

I've been following this thread with great interest. Our 4 door fridge in our 337 has been working well, even in high temps....... so far. I may do this mod just because.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty frustrating. The fans in the refrigerator are working great. I turned them off Saturday evening and yesterday (Sunday) morning, the refrigerator temp was 32 degrees. I was having visions of needing to turn up the setting! I turned on all four fans and let them run all day. The outside temp topped out around 90 degrees and humidity was around 30%. The refrigerator temp slowly climbed throughout the day and peaked at 41 degrees around 8:00 last night when the outside temp was just below 80 degrees and the sun hadn't been hitting the slide for at least six hours. In spite of the ever increasing temp in the refrigerator, the outside fans only cycled on periodically. I sure wish I could figure out where/how to install the 85 degree switch. I'm going to be needing the fridge in 90 degree weather for at least a week. I will have shore power so the fans can run as much as they need to.
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    This is pretty frustrating. The fans in the refrigerator are working great. I turned them off Saturday evening and yesterday (Sunday) morning, the refrigerator temp was 32 degrees. I was having visions of needing to turn up the setting! I turned on all four fans and let them run all day. The outside temp topped out around 90 degrees and humidity was around 30%. The refrigerator temp slowly climbed throughout the day and peaked at 41 degrees around 8:00 last night when the outside temp was just below 80 degrees and the sun hadn't been hitting the slide for at least six hours. In spite of the ever increasing temp in the refrigerator, the outside fans only cycled on periodically. I sure wish I could figure out where/how to install the 85 degree switch. I'm going to be needing the fridge in 90 degree weather for at least a week. I will have shore power so the fans can run as much as they need to.
    Jeff

See pm sent

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone figured out how to quiet the fan on a Dometic refrigerator? Ours makes an obnoxious whine.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast