User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoRVers View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to quiet the fan on a Dometic refrigerator? Ours makes an obnoxious whine.
    They all make noise when they run. There is no way around it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    This is pretty frustrating. The fans in the refrigerator are working great. I turned them off Saturday evening and yesterday (Sunday) morning, the refrigerator temp was 32 degrees. I was having visions of needing to turn up the setting! I turned on all four fans and let them run all day. The outside temp topped out around 90 degrees and humidity was around 30%. The refrigerator temp slowly climbed throughout the day and peaked at 41 degrees around 8:00 last night when the outside temp was just below 80 degrees and the sun hadn't been hitting the slide for at least six hours. In spite of the ever increasing temp in the refrigerator, the outside fans only cycled on periodically. I sure wish I could figure out where/how to install the 85 degree switch. I'm going to be needing the fridge in 90 degree weather for at least a week. I will have shore power so the fans can run as much as they need to.
    did you figure this out?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    They all make noise when they run. There is no way around it.
    I recall reading on another forum that someone replaced those fans with higher quality ones that were quieter. Don't know if it can be done on this particular Dometic but I thought I'd throw that out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On mine, I would have to pull the refrigerator out. Not worth it for just a few decibels less. You might have a bad fan. If it's under warranty I would have the dealer check it out.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really didn't investigate ours, but it sounds like they are low and up front. They don't bother us all that much either. I don't think I want to take it to the dealer either. I may never get it back! 😫

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBrownie View Post
    My model is 2118 and I sent the eBay seller a question to see if this is the correct one and am waiting to hear back. I will post back when I hear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392168702510
    I've got the same model Norcold. Did you ever hear whether the unit you found works for a 2118?

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did order it and was actually working on RV today. Emptied fridge and shut off. Was going to let it sit a day or two then install the fan mod. It mounts with Velcro so it has to be room temp and dry for good adhesion.
    Doug & Barb
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Turbo Diesel Short Bed
    21K Demko Slider for Ram Puck System

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBrownie View Post
    I did order it and was actually working on RV today. Emptied fridge and shut off. Was going to let it sit a day or two then install the fan mod. It mounts with Velcro so it has to be room temp and dry for good adhesion.
    Thanks for the reply. Please re-post after you install -- with feedback on how well the fan fits the fins, and how you powered the unit. Pics would be great!

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty easy installation. I threaded the wire though the drain tube to about 3" from the bottom where I made a slit to bring it out. Can mounted easily with self adhesives velcro. Use supplied piggy back conector and ring connector for ground. Connected hot wire with piggy back connector to bottom left 12 volt connector on site block. Grounded below that. Taped over slit in drain tube. Didn't come on at first but that due to the fuse bring lose on the fro t of can unit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191008_181507.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	22984
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191008_183548.jpg   20191008_183651.jpg   20191008_183705.jpg   20191008_190445.jpg  
    Doug & Barb
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Turbo Diesel Short Bed
    21K Demko Slider for Ram Puck System

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    did you figure this out?
    No, I did not figure it out...but I didn't try. The day after the temp reached 41°, it never climbed above 36°. The refrigerator has been running continuously since then and we are now on day 12 of our roadtrip. We spent many days in hot and muggy conditions in Texas. The refrigerator has been incredibly consistent. It has only varied from 33°-36° with the interior fans running the entire time. I couldn't ask for better performance.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast