User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Learning about new unit plumbing

Continued from my previous post on bad odor in cabinet for clothes washer in 2020 2930 Solitude S.
    I hate to say this, but I received many good suggestions from the Facebook Grand Design Owners forum. The problem turned out to be the drain for the washing machine, threaded plug was very loose and it seems like the trap never had any water in it from the factory. I removed the plug and the smell from the drain tube was quite bad. I put about a quart of water in the drain tube, installed Teflon tape on the plug and we have eliminated the odor. However, the drain tube turns in whatever bottom fitting there is, so there may be further complications. We hope not! We love this model compared to our 2014 Reflection 337.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve gravelle View Post
    Continued from my previous post on bad odor in cabinet for clothes washer in 2020 2930 Solitude S.
    I hate to say this, but I received many good suggestions from the Facebook Grand Design Owners forum. The problem turned out to be the drain for the washing machine, threaded plug was very loose and it seems like the trap never had any water in it from the factory. I removed the plug and the smell from the drain tube was quite bad. I put about a quart of water in the drain tube, installed Teflon tape on the plug and we have eliminated the odor. However, the drain tube turns in whatever bottom fitting there is, so there may be further complications. We hope not! We love this model compared to our 2014 Reflection 337.
    If the drain tube is turning it means that it was likely never glued to the next fitting at the factory like it is supposed to be. I would have that looked at and fixed. If you start to run water down it with a washing machine you will likely be in for a nasty, really wet surprise. I hope not but I have done plumbing before and it should not turn if properly glued in to the next fitting.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thought exactly! It looks like it will be an involved process to accomplish the gluing. We appreciate your wisdom.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve

The fitting or tube that is turning may just be the pipe that goes into the tank. The pipe is inserted into the tank thru a rubber grommet to seal the connection. This rubber grommet would allow the pipe to maybe spin. You could check this if you can see the pipe in the basement , maybe behind the false wall , not sure where the washer hook up is in the 2930. If you do not plan on using the washer drain you will have to remember to put water into it frequently , or devise a different "cap" to plug the hole.

Brian