User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspension upgrade

So I just had the experience of towing my friends Landmark 5th wheel about 1K miles. He just had the Morryde IS and disc brake upgrade. Honestly I noticed a huge upgrade with the brakes but now so much with the suspension compared to my stock suspension on my Solitude. I towed them back to back on the same roads and I just didn’t feel it. That being said I definitely want the brake upgrade and some kind of suspension upgrade just to make it stronger and safer.
    Any comments on the Morryde SRE upgrade kits?
    Thanks for the info
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did both - disc brakes and MorRyde 4000. I like my ride a lot. The brakes are outstanding. Now thinking of putting on Timbren springs on the RV to further reduce some bounce and maybe a bit more chucking.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did CRE3000 with wet bolts and HD shackle kit, and all new springs/u bolts. It feels better over the LCI equiflex and there is no more creaking sounds coming from the suspension.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sure noticed the difference with the IS on ours!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brakes are significantly better. And like Rob, we too noticed a difference with the IS. Trailing link suspension absorbs the bumps significantly better. It’s why some jets use that technology.

///chile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you notice the IS difference in the tow vehicle? I would think it would be a big difference on how much things are bouncing around in the RV but i wouldn't think much of that would transfer as feedback into the TV. Maybe that's why some notice more of a difference, they're talking about different things??
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with that assessment. In the tow vehicle, the difference is slight, but still noticeable on rough roads. In our case, we always had a flexair hitch which helps absorb the hits.

In the long term, less jarring in the trailer might prevent issues?

One place I notice the difference is when articulating into a campsite. Gone is the snap crackle pop.

///chile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Do you notice the IS difference in the tow vehicle? I would think it would be a big difference on how much things are bouncing around in the RV but i wouldn't think much of that would transfer as feedback into the TV. Maybe that's why some notice more of a difference, they're talking about different things??
    I don't know who you're asking, but I'll answer. The first thing I noticed from the truck was that the trailer tracked straight. This was because our Lippert suspension had a bent axle/spindle and could not be properly aligned. As a result, the trailer didn't track straight. I also noticed less lurching in the truck on concrete highways with expansion joints - such as I-10 in Louisiana. I also noticed less effects from very high crosswinds (I'm talking 45 - 60 MPH in west Texas). Both of these last two are because of longer suspension travel (in the case of the expansion joints) and the shocks better damping (both situations) on the IS. These observations are in addition to everything still being in place in the trailer when we reach our destination, no broken pantry shelves from pounding loads, etc.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't know who you're asking, but I'll answer. The first thing I noticed from the truck was that the trailer tracked straight. This was because our Lippert suspension had a bent axle/spindle and could not be properly aligned. As a result, the trailer didn't track straight. I also noticed less lurching in the truck on concrete highways with expansion joints - such as I-10 in Louisiana. I also noticed less effects from very high crosswinds (I'm talking 45 - 60 MPH in west Texas). Both of these last two are because of longer suspension travel (in the case of the expansion joints) and the shocks better damping (both situations) on the IS. These observations are in addition to everything still being in place in the trailer when we reach our destination, no broken pantry shelves from pounding loads, etc.

Rob
    I worded it badly, I am a believer in the IS system. I don't have one yet so I guess I was asking those of you who do about where one would "feel" the difference. In your case you had other issues that were also corrected with the IS but from a properly functioning stock suspension (contradiction in terms??) to an IS there wouldn't be a night and day feel from the TV. Not that I advocate riding in the RV but for a test that would be a much better indicator on how much difference there was. To me the main advantage of IS is the obviously more robust suspension but also the reduced wear and tear on the RV long term.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don,

Do you know if that Landnmark had 7K axles before the MORryde IS went on? If so, did MORryde install an 8K IS system? The reason I ask is that MORryde likes to upsell customers to upgrade their 7K factory axles to the more expensive 8K IS system. I have a 7K IS that replaced our factory 7K Lippert system on our Momentum. The MORryde shop manager (Brian) tried to convince us to go with the more expensive 8K system. That I would not do. In my research, I encountered reviews where people with the capacity upgrade were unhappy with the outcome. Sure, they had more wheel travel than before but they indicated that the suspension really didn't deliver a big ride improvement. The folks who didn't upgrade capacity were happy about the ride improvement (and that includes my wife and I).

Upgrading suspension capacity doesn't make any sense to me because it doesn't change the manufacturer's GVWR sticker or the frame's structural engineered capacity. To fully transition from 7K to 8K, you really have to upgrade the tires and wheels to the higher load/PSI rating. This quickly gets pretty expensive, especially if you already installed 7K rated EoH disc brakes.

While DW drove, I sat on the couch over the trailer's axles. I-80 in Illinois and Indiana is a pretty good suspension testbed. It was nothing short of punishing on our way to Elkhart. I couldn't read my computer screen or a paperback book for all the jostling and banging around. On the way back over the same roads and sitting in the same spot in the trailer, I can say the IS was a HUGE improvement. I really only noticed the big transitions like hitting a deep pothole at the junction of the highway pavement and a bridge. The IS isn't good at everything it encounters but for the majority of surfaces, it's a big improvement. As for the cab feel experience with the IS, I immediately noticed less chucking from the driver's seat. Same going over railroad tracks and speed bumps.
    Last edited by Luv2Ski; 08-12-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast