User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little follow up on this topic and maybe an inside scoop. I talked to GD customer support today and got some great info on converting my RV fridge to the residential one, basically it's a piece of cake. I mentioned that I want to convert it over to IS and disc brakes and he said (won't name names) that it's a great system and GD is actually looking at offering this as a possible factory option! He said its a very heavy system so they would also raise the GVWR on the trailer to compensate. That kind of tells me that the frame is probably underrated due to the buggy spring suspension.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you elaborate on what you were told about changing out the refrigerator; eg. How to do it and what was needed?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Just a little follow up on this topic and maybe an inside scoop. I talked to GD customer support today and got some great info on converting my RV fridge to the residential one, basically it's a piece of cake. I mentioned that I want to convert it over to IS and disc brakes and he said (won't name names) that it's a great system and GD is actually looking at offering this as a possible factory option! He said its a very heavy system so they would also raise the GVWR on the trailer to compensate. That kind of tells me that the frame is probably underrated due to the buggy spring suspension.
    If they will issue a new gvwr that would be great and unexpected. All the additional weight is below the frame so it shouldn’t have any negative affect on the frame it may actually help considering they add a subframe to mount the IS too. Mobile suites did it for my dad when he added heavier axels years ago. I figure those days were long gone with the liability concerns.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Can you elaborate on what you were told about changing out the refrigerator; eg. How to do it and what was needed?
    I told him I wanted to convert to the exact same Samsung residential fridge as it could have been ordered with. This makes the process much easier since there is no question about fitment. He said just order the 1000 watt inverter from them that they would have installed at the factory. It mounts in the front basement by the converter and just run a hotwire from there to the inverter. Then run a line from inverter under the coroplast to the slide area and a 110v plug in the fridge box area in the slide. My dealer recommended just removing the dinette window and take it in that way but he said it's easier to remove the kitchen slide and go in that way! I'm not sure about that but I'll let my dealer figure that out. Mine is a '19 Solitude 375 by the way.
    Oh and as far as the icemaker they can just run a line from the sink in the island under the floor and up into the fridge slide.
    Jeff

Rolling Along
    Walthourville, GA which is just outside of Hinesville, GA home of the 3rd Infantry Division
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.....poo poo this all you want but just do a comparison of the Momentum 376TH, the North Point 385THWS and the Riverstone 375FLTH. Each of them are very similar in layout. The NP has a bit higher MSRP and the RS has the highest MSRP. However, when it comes to actual out-the-door price, they're all pretty close. But look at what the competitors have included or have as options that the GD doesn't. Things like independent suspension, Dexter axles, disc brakes (standard), electrically retractable shore power, marker lights on the side of the coach that double as turn signal indicators, dimmers on inside LED lights, etc.

I'm a GD fan boy, but that only goes just so far. As with any product, you either innovate/lead or play catch-up. And playing catch-up will not allow you to dominate market share.

Tom
    Tom & Donna
    Our RV: 2016 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel
    Our Tow Beast: 2017 Ram 3500 Limited Dually
    Our Dogs: Sadie & Bugsey
    Favorite Drink: Moonshine
    Nationality: Redneck
    My Motto: May the bridges we burn light the way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESIS View Post
    Well.....poo poo this all you want but just do a comparison of the Momentum 376TH, the North Point 385THWS and the Riverstone 375FLTH. Each of them are very similar in layout. The NP has a bit higher MSRP and the RS has the highest MSRP. However, when it comes to actual out-the-door price, they're all pretty close. But look at what the competitors have included or have as options that the GD doesn't. Things like independent suspension, Dexter axles, disc brakes (standard), electrically retractable shore power, marker lights on the side of the coach that double as turn signal indicators, dimmers on inside LED lights, etc.

I'm a GD fan boy, but that only goes just so far. As with any product, you either innovate/lead or play catch-up. And playing catch-up will not allow you to dominate market share.

Tom
    You're preaching to the choir Tom. I'm a GD fanboy too but I think the Solitudes and Momentums should come with the IS and disc brakes as standard equipment. At close to 100K these are not cheap vehicles and they should come with the best equipment the industry has to offer. It looks like maybe GD is hopefully starting to realize that by at least offering it as an option. I would have gladly paid a little more to have it already on my trailer, instead of paying a lot more to haul it 1300 miles to have it done after the fact. Regardless I love the trailer and will get it set up the way I want it and enjoy my retirement in it.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're preaching to the choir Tom. I'm a GD fanboy too but I think the Solitudes and Momentums should come with the IS and disc brakes as standard equipment. At close to 100K these are not cheap vehicles and they should come with the best equipment the industry has to offer. It looks like maybe GD is hopefully starting to realize that by at least offering it as an option. I would have gladly paid a little more to have it already on my trailer, instead of paying a lot more to haul it 1300 miles to have it done after the fact. Regardless I love the trailer and will get it set up the way I want it and enjoy my retirement in it.
    If they offer it as an option, expect them to do the same as they did with the GY614's - overprice the heck out of it. $2249 for tandems and $3095 for triple axles (2016 prices with a full size spare). Remember, for every $300 (retail price) GY614 they put on, they save the cost of the Westlake tire which should offset part of the cost of the GY614. And I'd be willing to bet they weren't paying retail prices on the tires. No wonder they only had 13% uptake on this option.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

I purchased from a private party a 2018 Reflection 303RLS back in October of 2019. This is my 3rd rig but my first GD. My Wife and I love the rig but on our last outing it broke, . Both rear leaf spring hangers broke and I reached out to GD for some guidance but it has been crickets. At least in their defense it's only been 3 days. I am just wanting to know if this is something they would assist in covering or am I on my own. The previous owner purchased an extended warranty which does not cover the hanger brackets, leafs springs they cover but not the hanger brackets. Anyway anyone have a contacts name and number at GD that I can reach out to about this, if I don't hear back from them via the email I sent?

Thanks,
    Ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Passenger Side hanger failure.jpg   Driver Side Hanger Failure 2.jpg  
    Ed & Jennie

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
    2018 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie C View Post
    Hello All,

I purchased from a private party a 2018 Reflection 303RLS back in October of 2019. This is my 3rd rig but my first GD. My Wife and I love the rig but on our last outing it broke, . Both rear leaf spring hangers broke and I reached out to GD for some guidance but it has been crickets. At least in their defense it's only been 3 days. I am just wanting to know if this is something they would assist in covering or am I on my own. The previous owner purchased an extended warranty which does not cover the hanger brackets, leafs springs they cover but not the hanger brackets. Anyway anyone have a contacts name and number at GD that I can reach out to about this, if I don't hear back from them via the email I sent?

Thanks,
    Ed
    I would call GD customer service. If you go the the GD website and under the owners support tab there is a phone number.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie C View Post
    Hello All,

Thanks,
    Ed

A couple of years ago the hangers on our 303 broke on us too. Lippert was the one to come to our rescue at the site we were on to fix it. Did a wonderful job that has held up fine. When you talk to GD again ask if they could give you the number for Lippert to see if you could get some help from them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast