i thought Meyers was a local dealer. they have a location in Harrisburg
    Andrew
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all!

So, my wife and I are owners of a new Solitude S-Class. We sort of bought at Hershey - an odd situation to explain. Nevertheless, I wanted to comment because I've got a lot of grey hair and this is our 6th camper purchase and all but 1 was new. I won't even get into all the vehicles purchased...

Show pricing IS NOT special. You can get it any time of the year and often better, especially if on a unit on the lot that's aged. Any honest dealer will tell you this! For me, the absolute must any buyer must hold close to heart is that YOU are in charge of the deal. The moment you let the salesperson have the control, you're not going to get the best deal you could. It's just fact. For any deal, you must be informed and prepared. Do all your homework and know exactly what you want. Never, ever make a purchase based solely on emotion!!!

Every maker has similar floorplans. Make sure you have used the internet to research the prices between brands on the same floorplan and quality level. Do this over a period of time and you will see the ranges! If you're hoping to trade, know the retail market value and the wholesale value, and also know you're current payoff! Know your credit score AND DO NOT just accept financing arranged by the dealer! Compare with your own bank, credit union, and well-established camper lender's. Do not be afraid to tell them the rate they came back with is terrible. If you have exceptional credit, you're in the driver's seat too! An informed buyer is a salesperson's nightmare, but it also allows YOU to maintain control. You can also maintain control through artful consumption of their time. More time you spend, the more they want to close something. Take up the rep's time too with every question you have about construction, warranty, whatever is on your mind. Finally, never, ever be afraid to walk on a deal. If it's not coming together as you want, you're feeling pressured or your gut is giving you a sign- keep the power and walk! Negotiation is an art, and not for the meek- no offense! My wife HATES when I make a major purchase because it's a long process and not always a pleasant one, but she KNOWS and LOVES that I always finalize a deal I am happy to live with!

After 2 years of research and comparisons of makes with our floorplan, I was able to negotiate the strongest possible deal on the Solitude of any other dealer I had been dealing with for a GD and two other makes. The unit we bought was factory fresh in transit from Indiana. We were first to ever set foot in it, it never saw a show, and was totally as-is from factory when we saw it with zero days in inventory! Checked all boxes and we could have it immediately! We did have a trade with payoff, so the deal had to be excellent otherwise I'd have done as always and waited till we sold our current camper privately.

My $0.02.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234