Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F-350 DRW tire pressure gauge

Hi - What are you all using to check the air pressure in your F-350 DRW trucks? Lots of different gauges choose from. Obviously need one that can access the inner tire. I kinda like those digital ones, but not sure about their accuracy/reliability. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For digital gauges I use Accutire after they were recommended by Roger Marble the tire engineer. I have found them to be very accurate (I own five) but the small ones I bought won't work on a dually so I am using the Slime 10-150 psi Pro Series liquid filled tire gauge that I bought a couple of years ago. I am not impressed with Slime tire gauges as I found my small one was inaccurate (after I purchased the liquid filled one) so I tossed it, however the liquid filled one so far is spot on. It has a flexible hose and it saves the reading till you push the release button. If I ever have to replace it I will go digital with the Accutire MS-5515 Heavy Duty Digital Truck & RV Gauge but for now the Slime works great.

https://www.accutiregauge.com/heavy-...utire-ms-5515/

edit: looks like the Accutire gauge is no longer available, guess I will keep using the Slime gauge and if it fails I'll cross that bridge when it happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slime.jpg  
    Last edited by bigb56; 08-12-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consumer reports gave the Accutire their best pick but they only tested the small one which will not work on a dually without extensions. They also reported that the Slime gauge (the cheap $6 one, not the liquid filled pro series) got inaccurate after a fall of 30" onto concrete. I am thinking the liquid filled Slime will survive impact much better although I am very careful with it and when not in use I keep it wrapped in bubble wrap. Accidents do happen though.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truck & tractor gauge from Tractor Supply - the old fashioned kind. I use it on the truck and the trailer.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Truck & tractor gauge from Tractor Supply - the old fashioned kind. I use it on the truck and the trailer.

Rob
    O my gosh......I looked up trruck & tractor gauge at Tractor Supply and there are 180 choices! Is there anything in particular I should look for?

Thanks,

Barb
    Lloyd_TX

2023 Solitude 310GK - 2023 RAM 3500

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I prefer digital ones, but my dually gauge is an analog. When it's time for a new one it will be digital. More accurate IMO. And much easier to read. Just don't spend big bucks until you find the one with the right angle to fit your truck.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Personally I prefer digital ones, but my dually gauge is an analog. When it's time for a new one it will be digital. More accurate IMO. And much easier to read. Just don't spend big bucks until you find the one with the right angle to fit your truck.
    Thanks.....I did not realize there was an angle to watch for.

Barb
    Lloyd_TX

2023 Solitude 310GK - 2023 RAM 3500

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have tried some that simply wouldn't work for me. It had to have more of a straight back for me. Kind of hard to explain. Ones like this don't work well: https://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Pressu...hoCTjIQAvD_BwE. But this one does:https://www.amazon.com/WYNNsky-Exten...05583813&psc=1
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_TX View Post
    O my gosh......I looked up trruck & tractor gauge at Tractor Supply and there are 180 choices! Is there anything in particular I should look for?

Thanks,

Barb
    You quoted a four-year-old post of mine. Since then, I've acquired a TireMinder digital gauge (truck style) that will reach the inside dual rear wheels on my truck. I use that on the trailer, too.

https://www.amazon.com/TireMinder-Pr.../dp/B01301305W

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast