User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    Even if I shut off the propane the damage will still be bad to the line... thanks
    You are right. However, i would think less of an issue that having a line spewing out propane with a steel belt flying around hitting stuff and creating sparks. With that said, I still travel with my propane on.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    You are right. However, i would think less of an issue that having a line spewing out propane with a steel belt flying around hitting stuff and creating sparks. With that said, I still travel with my propane on.
    There's a valve in the regulator that shuts the propane off when a sudden pressure loss occurs to prevent this. If you open your tank too quickly it can sometimes trigger this requiring you to shut the valve and reopen slowly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    The propane line on our 295RL is only 18" away from the tire and if the tire blows out it will most likely damage it. So I would like to know if anyone has done anything to protect it or relocate it away from the tire; there seems to be plenty of slack in the line to move it.
    Attachment 21915
    It is funny the timing of this post. I was on my way to Lazydays Knoxville to trade my 2018 295RL for a 2018 337RLS. 50 miles from Knoxville I had a blowout on that same tire. And as expected, it took out that propane line. The good news is that it just pulled the rubber hose from the fitting. So I think the fix would be easy. Also broke up that plastic around the wheel well. Blowouts suck!

Another issue I had with that propane line after I purchased the rig was when the slide was closed it pinched that line so the fridge wouldn’t work. GD had the line slightly rerouted for me.

Good luck with your mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuess View Post
    It is funny the timing of this post. I was on my way to Lazydays Knoxville to trade my 2018 295RL for a 2018 337RLS. 50 miles from Knoxville I had a blowout on that same tire. And as expected, it took out that propane line. The good news is that it just pulled the rubber hose from the fitting. So I think the fix would be easy. Also broke up that plastic around the wheel well. Blowouts suck!
    Did the valve that Chiefblueman referred to close and save the propane in your bottle?

Off topic: what kind of tires were you running?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, the bottle was leaking as best I could tell. Didn’t smell anything but heard it hissing. I was on the side of the Interstate in a bad spot. All I could think about was fixing and getting the hell outta there.

As for the tire, it was a Westlake. But I had just had that tire repaired with a patch. Had a pretty good size screw dead center in the tread. Thought the patch would be fine but it wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    digging up old thread i guess. just fell victim to this.. My stove top propane line was yanked out and im wondering where it goes whenit goes up through the drawer that pulls out wherer exterior cook top is.... I knew this would happen when i saw how this was done. Blew two tires on passenger side and here i am..
    Both tires simply came apart , tread was gone but full of air... nice!! this is first post on here as we just bought 2019 297rsts model and typically we have owned toy haulers .. any info on where or how to route that line once i find where itripped from would be greatly appreciated.. Not sure why they had that on a disconnect anyway, but it bent the quick disconnect when tire was comimg apart,, and i wasnt even speeding as i just entered the freeway and wsnt going but maybe 50mph.. tires are trash !
    thanks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Protect Propane Line

Reply for @jschmidlapp

First, Congrats on your purchase, great floor plan! We have that rigs big brother the 315rlts.

Second, so sorry that you had the blowouts! West lake has a vulcanization issue with certain tire sizes. The propane quick disconnect is there to connect a grill or other propane device easily.

My guess is you will need to drop at least part of the chloroplast to see the true routing, then it will be self evident where it goes.

If the propane is the majority of the damage feel lucky that it was not worse.

Pictures will be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 09-12-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123