User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they may have changed something. I am looking to get a 367 and had heard about the door not working with the bed out in the mid bunk, so when i looked at a 2020 with the pebble interior that was one of the things it tried. With the bed out in the 2020 model you have plenty of room to open and close the door in the mid bunk. Very glad to see that.
    Dave Z
    Troy Missouri
    2020 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 Ram 3500

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I have to check mine.. It's a 2019.. grand daughter stays in it, and never said anything about it not fully opening. She stayed in it for a whole week, over 4th of July and bed stayed out the full time.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary325 View Post
    Am I missing something in my 367BHS? In the mid bunk room, depending on the position of the door (fully open or fully closed) with the couch/bed extended, I cannot close or open the door completely!!
    Ours is a 2017 367BHS and we can fully operate the door with the sofa folded/slide in and with sofa unfolded/slide out. Door does make slight contact with the cushion corner but does not interfere.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the 367 earlier this year and love it. At first the length was a little intimidating, but I have gotten used to it. Tow vehicle is a 2019 RAM 3500 SRW. The payload capacity is listed at 4,020, so plenty of room to spare. First trip last May into Oregon. Handled well with all of the hills between bay area and central Oregon.
    The mid-bedroom was the selling point for us. Crafts room/TV room. Good luck with your decision.
    Bruce & Patti (and Rosie)
    2019 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 RAM 3500 SRW Diesel 4x4
    Dublin, CA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is also a 2017 ('H' in the SN). But the corner of the bed (sofa unfolded/slide out) stops the door. I checked the slide to be sure it was fully extended, and it is. There is not much left-to-right movement to move the sofa forward (in the trailer) to get it to clear the door. Could be a different sofa design? Ours is the same as in the rear of the trailer.

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that comes to mind, the 1/2 bath on the 311 is great on paper but not an ideal layout from a usability standpoint. It is tight albeit not the worst I have seen. We started out looking at the 311BHS but ended up getting a S-Class 3740BH instead as we liked pretty much everything more about the layout. We had a DRW already so truck was not a factor for us.

I think my perfect layout would be the mid-bunk layout that keeps the nice large rear living with a 1/2 bath tucked away somewhere (idk where!). We absolutely love the bedroom layout in our 3740 and are glad we did not "compromise" down to the longitudinally oriented bed in the 311. I would say the ONLY thing we "gave up" with the S-Class was the stove type vs the 311, virtually EVERYTHING else is improved (except the price :P)

We justified the price difference by realizing if we got the 311, we would have wanted something nicer sooner vs just getting the biggest baddest one right out of the gate. As noted though, the rear bunk layout does have less light and seating in the main living space - fortunately we only have a single kid and we got her a nice bean bag chair to chill on when needed - it rides on a bunk when we are moving.
    Last edited by cookinwitdiesel; 08-26-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Panel prevents moving middle room couch

Quote Originally Posted by Gary325 View Post
    Ours is also a 2017 ('H' in the SN). But the corner of the bed (sofa unfolded/slide out) stops the door. I checked the slide to be sure it was fully extended, and it is. There is not much left-to-right movement to move the sofa forward (in the trailer) to get it to clear the door. Could be a different sofa design? Ours is the same as in the rear of the trailer.
    I had some time to investigate the door/bed issue in our 367BHS.
    With the bed extended, I looked to see what was preventing the couch/bed from moving closer to the exterior wall (to allow the door to close). At the back left corner of the slide-out there is a plastic panel, about 1-2 inches thick, that stops the couch from moving closer to the exterior wall. There is no such panel at the back right corner. What could this panel be protecting? There is no electrical components on the exterior of the slide out.
    The interesting point here is that if that panel was not present, the couch would be able to be moved closer to the exterior wall and possibly allow the door to close with the couch extended. But this presents another issue. My wife noticed that the couch in the middle room was more comfortable than the couch in the rear living area. The back was "less" vertical in the middle room than the other couch. So I investigated the location of the couch in the rear living area. I noticed that the back was being "stopped" by the wall whereas the back in the middle room was stopped by the built-in stops of the couch assembly. I moved the rear leaving area couch about 1-2 inches away from the wall and the back is now stopped by the built-in stops of the couch. There is a limit where you can relocate that couch, as the couch needs to clear the kitchen slide-out.
    Do you get where I'm headed!
    If I were to relocate the middle room couch closer to the exterior wall (if the panel can be removed) the back of the couch would now be "more" vertical and uncomfortable. But may allow the door to close!
    I do have some pictures of that panel, if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the pictures:
    Bottom left corner; bottom right corner, door/bed collision
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0939.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	22435||Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0940.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	22434||Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0941.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	22436

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of October we'll have our 367 for a year. We done quite a bit of traveling and camping with it in that time and so far we love it. On many of our excursions we take frieds/family with us and the loft and bunk have been great for those who travel with us. Yes, we've run into the time or two where it'd be nice to have a second bathroom for the kids, but after dealing with that in our last 5th wheel I wouldn't go back.
    The room in this kitchen/living room area is awesome, and we have 8 people in there very comfortably.
    As far as the length, it is something you get used to. When I take it hunting we boondock and there are 9 of us, and my only complaint was the consumption of LP. I did a write up on that about a furnace trunk line not having a cap on the end and most of our heated air was blown into the basement. That's been fixed so we'll see how it does for this November hunt.
    We've been extremely happy with this unit and so for GD has taken care of us well. We also tow with a 1 ton SRW and have not had any issues. I will be doing the goosebox upgrade over the winter as I'm tired of man-handeling that pig iron hitch in/out of the bed. Not afraid of the exercise but moving 300 lbs just gets old when I use the truck for so many other things. I'd rather work real hard and take a ball out and be done.
    I'm not sure what the other unit has but the little fridge outside has been great too, especially on the hot days when you don't have to go in an out or chase ice in the cooler. Not that either is bad, it's just a nice convience.
    Good luck in your decision.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the '20.5 311BHS with the updated color / interior. With 3 kids we like each having a dedicated bed and a door to fully close them off when we want to sneak in the fridge at night. We upgraded from the 21BHE, so the to us, the space difference was huge. We really like having the 1/2 bath as we designate that one as our only 'full use' toilet. 1 system to really clean out, but also a close toilet for me at night (older men understand). We weighed the 1/2 bath vs the WD prep, which is appealing. The max we spend out is 2 weeks, so using camp facilities isn't a big deal, although I'm looking into a simple top load washer to supplement during longer trips.
    We tend to cook a lot outside, so the outside kitchen was also huge for us / having a sink to wash kids hands outside.
    My biggest splurge is adding a compact dishwasher as I hate doing dishes. The outside fridge is so large, I'm able to put in a smaller one and put the washer under it. It then quick connects to the outside sink for both water in and drain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast