User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

367BHS vs 311BHS - Owners Thoughts

Hello everyone,

We are looking at the 367BHS and the 311BHS and we are hoping to lean on you owners out there to tel us what you like and don’t like about it. Cost gets 51% of the vote on this and they are close so we will see.
    Family of 5 and the occasional creep up to 6-7 depending on who comes a long.

START WIRH THE 367
    Concerns about the 367 - pin weight sitting at 2660 unloaded we could technically approach that 3,000 mark once she is ready to go. Also the length of 41’ seems to be a big girl. DRW territory no doubt but I got the truck of my dreams so I’m not gonna switch it out. Only one bathroom which isn’t a deal breaker at all.
    What we love about the 367- lots of space, lots of separation, lots of light, a loft on top of the mid bunk, front bedroom orientation gives us the space we have wanted for a while. Bathroom is very nice and spacious.

NOW THE 311
    Concerns about the 311- lack of light. Seems dark overall. (2020 new lighter interior would help this), living area seems cramped. Master bedroom orientation. Shower and bathroom set up. we might outgrow this unit and changing again in 5-7 years isn’t my idea of a good time.
    What we love about the 311- separation and bunk orientation, second bathroom (maybe more trouble?). Low pin weight, slightly shorter in length.

Differences - empty weight is about 1,000# as is the GVWR between the two no big deal
    Cost is about $4-6,000 more for the 367 vs the 311
    Pin weight is 500# lighter on the 311
    Length is about 36’10” on the 311 and 41’ on the 367

Considerations- we really like the 2020 styling from an interior and exterior point of view. The white exterior with lighter tones on the interior have us sold on the reflection for space and feel.

Hitch set up
    We will be going with the Reese goosebox (either 16k or 20k).

Tow rig
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab HO is be our tow pig
    Max towing 21k#
    Payload cap 3987#

Previous camping
    Previous rig Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS which we sold and outgrew quickly.

THANKS everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    Hello everyone,

We are looking at the 367BHS and the 311BHS and we are hoping to lean on you owners out there to tel us what you like and don’t like about it. Cost gets 51% of the vote on this and they are close so we will see.
    Family of 5 and the occasional creep up to 6-7 depending on who comes a long.

START WIRH THE 367
    Concerns about the 367 - pin weight sitting at 2660 unloaded we could technically approach that 3,000 mark once she is ready to go. Also the length of 41’ seems to be a big girl. DRW territory no doubt but I got the truck of my dreams so I’m not gonna switch it out. Only one bathroom which isn’t a deal breaker at all.
    What we love about the 367- lots of space, lots of separation, lots of light, a loft on top of the mid bunk, front bedroom orientation gives us the space we have wanted for a while. Bathroom is very nice and spacious.

NOW THE 311
    Concerns about the 311- lack of light. Seems dark overall. (2020 new lighter interior would help this), living area seems cramped. Master bedroom orientation. Shower and bathroom set up. we might outgrow this unit and changing again in 5-7 years isn’t my idea of a good time.
    What we love about the 311- separation and bunk orientation, second bathroom (maybe more trouble?). Low pin weight, slightly shorter in length.

Differences - empty weight is about 1,000# as is the GVWR between the two no big deal
    Cost is about $4-6,000 more for the 367 vs the 311
    Pin weight is 500# lighter on the 311
    Length is about 36’10” on the 311 and 41’ on the 367

Considerations- we really like the 2020 styling from an interior and exterior point of view. The white exterior with lighter tones on the interior have us sold on the reflection for space and feel.

Hitch set up
    We will be going with the Reese goosebox (either 16k or 20k).

Tow rig
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab HO is be our tow pig
    Max towing 21k#
    Payload cap 3987#

Previous camping
    Previous rig Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS which we sold and outgrew quickly.

THANKS everyone!!!

A couple of things I also notice since you say you have 5 people and up to 7 is that the 367 has a lot more seating for the family in the living room with the extra couch. Your family will struggle with seating in the 311 on a rainy day unless the kids stay in the bunk area. Also the storage space in the 367 would be better for that many people with that big closet in the master bedroom.

If you are planning on keeping it for some years the 367 would work better for just the 2 of you too. You could use the second bedroom for a computer room and still have room if some of the family comes along with the loft.

Just a few other things to think about.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. Those were some of my thoughts too for the long term. I love the separation and if it’s just the wife and I then we can keep the bunk house closed if we want without sacrificing much.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 367BHS is a pretty big trailer. Having said that, there are several of us who tow one with a 1ton SRW.

Really love mine. It's perfect for the two of us, and our two grand kids. Oldest one (20) sleeps in the bunkhouse, youngest (15) sleeps in the loft.

Loaded, mine is 13880 total weight, and pin weight of 3060. I am 20 lbs over my payload but 450 under my axle weight. I'll lose that 20 lbs just by using 2 gals of diesel.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the perspective mike.

We usually traveled light. Even with all our gear and stuff in the HT we never broke the 9950 GVWR.

I’m sure a DRW would be ideal for that set up but I refuse to buy one when 90% of how I use my truck is as a family rig and a toy anyway.

Glad to see folks are going after it with a SRW.

I have the engine and trans from ram to handle it. Also a 3.73 which is better than the 3.42 of the past generation and the mega is arguably a longer wheel base than other options. The 367 is under the capacities of the truck which is nice to see as well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re new owners (first RV actually) of the 2020 311BHS with the Pebble interior. We waited an extra month for that color scheme because it looks much brighter inside than the darker interior.

The second bathroom has been great for us traveling with 2 teenage daughters, but having a second black tank adds some time/hassle factor. I wouldn’t be surprised if some people choose not to use that bunk bathroom for short trips (something we’ve discussed) which would, of course, negate the benefit of having it in the first place.

Regarding weights, we were surprised to see our actual hitch weight was 2398 on the factory spec sheet and not the 2180 listed in the sales material. I expected some difference, but not 200 pounds. Fortunately, our 2019 F350 SRW diesel was still OK from a payload perspective (CAT scale confirmed) but we don’t have nearly as much buffer as we hoped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a great reason to consider the 311
    Also looking at the 31MB now for the open light rear living but it feels like with 3 kids the bunk plan on the 311 is better.

Does the rear tank have a flush?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the month it will be three years we’ve had our 367. Went with the mid bunk plan as you get the bunk room and keep the rear living. The more confined/less lit middle living room always killed the rear bunk floor plans for us. We towed ours with a 2011 SRW diesel Ford for 2.5 years but did upgrade to a 2019 DRW diesel Ford this spring. SRW will do fine I did add Timbrens which helped quite a bit. Have air bags on the new truck they are nice also. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Am I missing something in my 367BHS? In the mid bunk room, depending on the position of the door (fully open or fully closed) with the couch/bed extended, I cannot close or open the door completely!!
    Last edited by Gary325; 08-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, rear tank has it's own flush. The sink in the bunk bathroom also drains into that black tank, not one of the grey tanks, so while it fills a little faster, it tends to be fairly easy to clear out because of the extra water.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast