Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Xplor 243BH

I'm from Alberta and will be picking up a new Transcend Xplor 243BH in a couple days. We love the layout and are excited to try it out. New to GD, but have been impressed so far.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and Welcome! Hope you have fun in the new rig. The GD family keeps growing..and growing..
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, would love to see photos after you get the new TT setting in.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcomes.

Just picked it up last night. First impressions are pretty good. I'll try to get the photos later. One thing we noticed when looking at pictures online in anticipation is that it seems like there have recently been some upgrades to this model. Most units I've seen online (for sale) don't have the doors for the under bench storage of the dinette's (an odd omission). This appears to be a more recent update along with an extra upper cabinet between the microwave and the TV. I was glad to see our unit has both of these changes.

We actually got another surprise with a power hitch jack. My understanding is that Xplor units don't come with this, but our unit was supposedly ordered by another dealership with the order being cancelled so I guess it was a requested upgrade. We had inquired about the unit, but there wasn't one to be found anywhere nearby so that apparently put us at the top of the waiting list. I was initially happy with the added feature of the power jack. I haven't had a power jack before and immediately noticed that it's quite slow. I was looking forward to see how the innovative GD jack would function, but we'll see how we like the power jack after we take it out a few times.

I'll try to give some updates on the unit as there's very little in the forum about it (or the Transcend line in general).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you like it. I'm looking at one of these for this summer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camburgler View Post
    How do you like it. I'm looking at one of these for this summer.
    Although we weren't able to get much use out of it last summer, we liked it. We are hoping to use it a lot more this coming summer. The layout was the big selling point for us as we weren't able to find anything like it without going for a bigger trailer. It appears that they are discontinuing this layout (Grand Design's Website lists it as "DEALER STOCK ONLY"). Hopefully you'll be able to find one if you decide it's what you want.

We found the inside storage is great, but the outside storage is a little limited. The amount of storage in the bathroom is great for this size of trailer. One thing I noted when we were looking at trailers was that this model has been upgraded. I believe a small cupboard was added between the TV and the microwave and doors were added to the under bench storage in the kitchen. Make sure the one you look at has those features.
    2020 Transcend Xplor 243BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all! We recently just purchased a 243BH and have been able to enjoy it.... somewhat, small things keep popping up. The girlfriend insisted on buying new to minimize the problems we may encounter but this has not been the case. First night out, the furnace stopped after 10 minutes, turns out the board went bad (per GeneralRV). We've managed to find a couple fitting leaks since then. Not a fan of the plastic fittings so I've began to replace them with brass ones versus taking it back it and not knowing when we will get it back. My next issue should be super easy and am hoping someone could provide a photo for me. Underneath our slide out, there is a group of cables and a propane line running to the fridge, zip-tied in this bundle is a spring. This spring is fastened both on the slide out and the trailer body. I found this bundle hanging low this afternoon and a washer on the ground, the spring is not attached at the trailer side. Would someone be able to snap a pic and share where it is connected? TIAClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Spring Aid.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	26585

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott1003 View Post
    Hey all! We recently just purchased a 243BH and have been able to enjoy it.... somewhat, small things keep popping up. The girlfriend insisted on buying new to minimize the problems we may encounter but this has not been the case. First night out, the furnace stopped after 10 minutes, turns out the board went bad (per GeneralRV). We've managed to find a couple fitting leaks since then. Not a fan of the plastic fittings so I've began to replace them with brass ones versus taking it back it and not knowing when we will get it back. My next issue should be super easy and am hoping someone could provide a photo for me. Underneath our slide out, there is a group of cables and a propane line running to the fridge, zip-tied in this bundle is a spring. This spring is fastened both on the slide out and the trailer body. I found this bundle hanging low this afternoon and a washer on the ground, the spring is not attached at the trailer side. Would someone be able to snap a pic and share where it is connected? TIAClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Spring Aid.jpg 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	26585
    Hopefully you can tell from the below pictures. The spring is screwed to the trailer on a strip of galvanized steel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200524_144226.jpg 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	26732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200524_144217.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	26733

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that's the spot, thank you

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200706_210352.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	27917
    We replaced the 2 hooks on the outside of the bathroom wall a five hook setup. Wanted to make better use of the blank wall. Used a scrap piece of hard wood flooring for the board.

Still trying to figure out what to do in the bathroom as far as a paper towel holder and possibly a hand towel hook.