Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoiled by grand design

Some of you may have seen my post about buying the wrong floor plan, well, we have been out looking at other 5ers with rear bath and just can't help but be disappointed in most. GD has done such a good job of spacial relationship as well as fit, finish and colors that it makes shopping other brands a let down. :-)
    Zachary, LA
    2015 F350 4x4 with air bags
    B&W Companion with turnover ball
    2012 F250 4x4 with air bags
    2015 toyhauler, other brand :-(

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lajones View Post
    Some of you may have seen my post about buying the wrong floor plan, well, we have been out looking at other 5ers with rear bath and just can't help but be disappointed in most. GD has done such a good job of spacial relationship as well as fit, finish and colors that it makes shopping other brands a let down. :-)
    Is there another GD floor plan you like?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 385th, but price wise it is out of reach. Maybe the 350m but there is not one around here yet.
    Zachary, LA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been almost a year since I posted this, but I thought I'd update it anyhow. In November of last year we did sell our 323bhs and buy a toy hauler, but by a different manufacturer. The floor plan is awesome! And works well for us, that is for the only 2 trips we got to make in it. it has spent more time at the shop than with us, as it is there again now, well a different shop, but that's a WHOLE other story. I'm so far in debt with this one and not even getting to use it...it makes me really miss my grand design!!!
    Zachary, LA

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that, Zach. Hopefully they will get everything right for you so you can enjoy it
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Scott and Jan,

As of today I have asked what my options are. I'll wait and see what the response will be.
    However, we have already been waiting a week to see if they are going to approve removing 2 of the 4 slides and replacing all of the weatherstripping and such to stop the water leaks in them AND waiting to see if they are going to replace the roof. It was apparently patched before we bought it NEW and the patches are peeling up as well as bubbles everywhere, screws backing out that will soon cut through the roof membrane and other unknown debris that is between the membrane and the roof itself. Sorry about sounding off, thanks for the well wishes!!! It will all work out eventually.
    Zachary, LA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you buy if you don't mind me asking? We were sold on a Fuzion 371 until we stepped foot in a 350M. It was an easy decision at that point....
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lajones View Post
    It has been almost a year since I posted this, but I thought I'd update it anyhow. In November of last year we did sell our 323bhs and buy a toy hauler, but by a different manufacturer. The floor plan is awesome! And works well for us, that is for the only 2 trips we got to make in it. it has spent more time at the shop than with us, as it is there again now, well a different shop, but that's a WHOLE other story. I'm so far in debt with this one and not even getting to use it...it makes me really miss my grand design!!!
    Any possibility you can get them to buy it back from you and come back in the fold???!!! GD has and is coming out with new floor plans!!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    Any possibility you can get them to buy it back from you and come back in the fold???!!! GD has and is coming out with new floor plans!!!
    That would be great, but probably not going to happen. I'll know more today, but as of close of business yesterday it looked like they were going to cover this round of repairs. Which includes a whole new sub roof and decking under it, removing 2 slides from the unit and redoing all gaskets and seals, etc... As long as they are willing to pay for repairs I don't really have another option. I checked trade in value and that's not an option either. One step at the time, but at least now I trust the current shop MUCH more than the dealer's.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update on our situation.
    As of this week, the manufacturer has agreed to all repairs including an entire new roof. Can't really ask anymore than that. As long as they are willing to do this, we are willing to hang in there.
    The "next" one will be another grand design though!