User Tag List

Thread: Got Bolt?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got Bolt?

We are on our third trip with our new Transcend 26RLS and after we got set up (leveled, slide out, etc.) we noticed what appears to be a bolt pushing up through the middle of linoleum floor about 2 ft in front of the refrigerator. It's eventually I going to make a hole. Does anyone have an idea of what it is and how I should proceed?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By all means contact GD and your dealer to have that inspected as soon as you can. You shouldn't have anything protruding like that and I couldn't guess what it may be.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought an update was in order.

We contacted Grand Design and told them we had what seemed to be a bolt coming up through the floor. They assigned us a case number and they located the closest GD dealer (Meyers RV Superstore located in Cicero NY) in the area and gave us their phone number. They were fairly close by to where we were camped so we stopped by (without the trailer) to make an appointment. We told them that we were due to leave Green Lake State Park on Thursday, so they scheduled our appoint for 11 AM that same day. We broke camp early on Thursday and got to Meyers about 10:30. We had our reading material and snacks with us figuring that we'd be there all day. Well, promptly at 11:00 AM the tech, went over and pulled our trailer to the garage and began the repair! Apparently a screw came loose and backed its way upward and almost came through the linoleum. He was able to tighten it up from underneath and he glued the linoleum back down. You can't tell that a repair was made and we were on our way to our next campsite by noon!

We were very impressed with Meyers RV Superstore!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my 265BH home on Saturday and also noticed what looks to be a screw poking up into the linoleum. I contacted Grand Design, I just need to get ahold of the local dealer to get it fixed. I'm glad it was an easy fix for you and I hope it goes the same way for us!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured I should close the loop on this too. I took our 265bh into my local dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they were able to fix the bump in the floor. Evidently, ours was a different issue than BerrBrewer's, the maintenance folks found that it was a piece of the OSB board that just didn't get cleaned up before the floor was installed. Looks as good as new now after it's all said and done. I will add, the dealer said that working with Grand Design for warranty claims is one of the best in the industry. That's a good feeling and one of the reasons we bought this trailer over others.