User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if you sit in your truck with the truck connected to the trailer and the lights on and you're looking at the camera monitor. Not sure anyone would steal from a rig while you are sitting right there.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    You know Jim, I have to regrettably agree with you....nice to see if someone is tailgating while going down the road but other than that its nice but not a valuable tool. Maybe if I was backing into a hole without wifey guiding me maybe it would help a little...but...I dunno
    I am disappointed in the view I get when traveling down the road. Has anyone found a way to adjust the camera up farther? I get a nice view of the road straight down and the top of the spare tire. I really wanted to see cars that are behind me.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just grab it and rotate it up or down. It clicks into position

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't worry about it either. We haven't seen anyone attempt to steal anything at any parks we have stayed at. In addition, we store our rv at a site that is open to anyone from 7:00am to 7:00pm daily. We have not had a single problem with any thief, including our furion back up camera.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarsMom2 View Post
    I am disappointed in the view I get when traveling down the road. Has anyone found a way to adjust the camera up farther? I get a nice view of the road straight down and the top of the spare tire. I really wanted to see cars that are behind me.
    You might be towing a little nose high also. Mine was the same look as yours. Go to the camera on the ladder and give it a strong twist upward. I found one additional notch for adjustment which helped. It's still a pos and no substitute for the mirrors. As stated, if I am alone, it does give me one more set of eyes while backing.
    Maybe that will help you.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends how long the storage is IMO. My trailer is covered from about late November until February to early March. As part of the “winterized” procedure I’m going to remove my camera - it takes only minutes and it is going to be much happier sitting on a garage shelf next to the monitor.

The rear view is fine as far as I’m concerned. Backing up while in transit, gas station or parking lot it has been a God-send, SWMBO does not have to get out and make sure we don’t back into someone. At a Costco gas bar last week, I had to back up and some guy pulled into my path. I stopped, inched back and he finally clued in and backed up himself. When we get home, I can back the unit into the driveway within inches of the house while everyone is still in the truck.
    The Furrion was a plug and play, great product IMO.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated already, other things are more likely to be stolen since the rear camera is a pain to get to. I would not worry about it. You could use security screws that require special bit to remove if you are really concerned, but I would focus on other areas first. When point correctly, it works well for me on the road. Every few days I have had to reconnect it which is just powering down the trailer using the battery cutoff switch and it resyncs to the monitor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12